Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Looking for hand crank Part No. 81712 >

Looking for hand crank Part No. 81712

Looking for hand crank Part No. 81712

Old 07-17-2021, 09:27 PM

Default Looking for hand crank Part No. 81712

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the lookout for a hand-crank attachment for my VS2 machine. I need the U-shaped one because this lovely machine has no boss to attach a normal hand crank. If anybody has some tips for me on where to find one please let me know? Or if they have one that's looking for a home... I live in New Zealand and I know shipping is expensive but I doubt I'm going to find one easily at all, let alone locally! Thanks so much... Megan
Old 07-18-2021, 09:28 AM

Somewhere in my notes, I have seen possibly another way to mount a hand crank to a machine that doesn't have a "motor boss." It is a bracket that attaches to the back inspection plate. I have it listed as SIMANCO #195978. I did a search for one, but was having a hard time finding a current source for one. Perhaps you may have better luck. It is another possibility as both seem rather rare.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 07-18-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Somewhere in my notes, I have seen possibly another way to mount a hand crank to a machine that doesn't have a "motor boss." It is a bracket that attaches to the back inspection plate. I have it listed as SIMANCO #195978. I did a search for one, but was having a hard time finding a current source for one. Perhaps you may have better luck. It is another possibility as both seem rather rare.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Awesome - thank you Janey. Even if I can't find anything now every little bit of extra info helps!
Kind regards... Megan
Old 07-19-2021, 10:23 AM

Victorian Sweatshop had one pictured a long time ago.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:27 AM

There's a Facebook group, Hand Crank Sewing Machines for Sale. The owner of the site, Dwaine, has come across these on occasion. The mount system is very uncommon. Dwaine is in Wisconsin. I suggest you request to join, then pm him.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 PM

Thank you Leofn - that's an awesome site too. Thanks for the reminder... Megan
Old 07-23-2021, 11:47 PM

Hi WiChix - thank you for the suggestion. I'm not a member of FB and don't want to be. Maybe I'll consider it if I get so I really, really, really want one. Hmmm... I wonder how long I can hold out? :-) Ta... Megan
Old 07-24-2021, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by MeganMills View Post
Hi WiChix - thank you for the suggestion. I'm not a member of FB and don't want to be. Maybe I'll consider it if I get so I really, really, really want one. Hmmm... I wonder how long I can hold out? :-) Ta... Megan
Yeah, I finally joined when I had a hosta disease problem just so I could access the FB hosta disease group. I have my computer set so that it clears all of the cookies when you restart the browser. Set to that on your browser settings and use your junk mail address to sign up. Restart your browser before you go to facebook and also after you leave. Then don't go back to facebook unless you do it each time. It's not perfect, but it helps.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:04 AM

Default Como se llamo esto

Como se llamo esto i am from SPAIN.

I registered a lot time ago. Can i see this web without adblocer?

thanks )