Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Strawberry curd and preserves >

Strawberry curd and preserves

Strawberry curd and preserves

Old 06-21-2021, 04:34 PM

Default Strawberry curd and preserves

I picked up a flat of Hood strawberries, so distinctive and hard to ship. They are the sought after strawberries during their growing season. Along with smoothies, I tried a new recipe and made strawberry lemon curd. Also I followed an old-fashioned recipe for strawberry preserves.

It is nice to have some new jars of homemade canned food in my cupboard.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:43 AM

I just made lemon curd for the first time this week-end. How simple. Strawberry/lemon curd would be a refreshing adventure. Can you share the recipe or the source of your choice of recipe.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:09 PM

We have been enjoying fresh, local strawberries for a couple of weeks. Note to self: Do not schedule colonoscopy during strawberry (or any berry) season again. I was so disappointed to not be able to eat them for several days.

Local berries are a favorite and I wish the season was longer. They will probably be here for another week, and that will be that. I make freezer jam as it tastes so fresh during the winter. Also froze a few to use in strawberry syrup. Much as I love fresh berries, I detest frozen and thawed. Syrup and smoothies is all I use them for.

Love lemon curd, and would also like to try the strawberry curd if you share the recipe.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:52 AM

Strawberry-lemon curd sounds lovely. I'd like to see the recipe too.

What makes "Hood" strawberries so unique?
Old 07-25-2021, 02:18 PM
mac

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Strawberry-lemon curd sounds lovely. I'd like to see the recipe too.

What makes "Hood" strawberries so unique?
Hood strawberries are grown in Oregon. They are special because they are extra sweet. They come out at the beginning of strawberry season. I hope the fires don't ravish the strawberry crops.

I would also like the recipe for strawberry lemon curd. Sounds scrumptious.
Mary Ann
Old 07-25-2021, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Well I cheat. I buy lemon curd at a local deli and add strawberries, sometimes blueberries. I would like to make some as lemon curd is getting hard to find. It's not on the grocery shelves at all.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:55 PM
mac

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Well I cheat. I buy lemon curd at a local deli and add strawberries, sometimes blueberries. I would like to make some as lemon curd is getting hard to find. It's not on the grocery shelves at all.
Lemon curd is really easy to make on your own. Rather than make it on the stove and have to stand there, stir and watch it, you can make it in the microwave. I also make it in my VitaMix and it takes about 10 minutes. My favorite lemons to use for the lemon curd are Meyer Lemons. It is really tasty.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:38 AM

I just made grapes curd for the first time in this week. How tasty are good. Strawberry/grapes curd would be a great recipe.

Last edited by LucaNelson; 07-29-2021 at 03:42 AM.