Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you heard of a Manx Quilt Block? >

Have you heard of a Manx Quilt Block?

Have you heard of a Manx Quilt Block?

Old 06-19-2021, 09:37 PM

This is such an interesting idea, and very appealing as a portable project as it wouldn't require carting around a bunch of supplies. I've bookmarked that website and done some more reading as well. Definitely something I think I'd like to try some day. Thank you for sharing!
Old 06-20-2021, 09:37 AM

Thank you for sharing this. It looks like a fun and challenging block to make. I think I will make it in the not to distant future. I saved the links.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:39 PM

SueZQfromMN, Thank you for bringing this topic to my attention. I spent a couple of weeks researching about the Manx Block and making practice pieces. Today I taught a class about it at my quilt group. The women were fascinated by the idea of using your hand for the measurements. We had a long discussion about life long ago with its many deprivations but everyone felt it was a great thing to know how to make a quilt block with nothing more than scrap fabric and needle and thread. We also saw how much faster and neater it is to do this square with a rotary cutter or scissors instead of tearing the fabric. One lady used a machine to sew hers. It was faster and neater but she has to use a different way to join all the squares. Anyway, thanks again.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:27 AM

Jingle, they can be machine sewn but traditionally were hand sewn. Go for it!