Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cooking is a chore anymore >

Cooking is a chore anymore

Cooking is a chore anymore

Old 08-10-2021, 10:51 AM

Default Cooking is a chore anymore

I don’t dislike cooking but it never ends here. I’ve decided to pull out old cookbooks one at a time & search out something new to make. Or just remake something we’ve not had for a while. Here’s the latest:

7 Layer Lettuce Salad
Bran Muffins with Cranberries
Egg & Broccoli Quiche
Baked Spaghetti
Creamed Potatoes with Parsley

Old 08-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

I don't cook unless I want to. No kids at home. . My husband grills when he wants to. Many times we will eat when we get hungry whatever we find to eat when we want to eat it. I refuse to cook meals everyday for any capable adult that has less or the same to do that I do. I do make our bread. I like doing that. At least we always have bread for sandwiches.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

I only ever cook the supper I feel like eating. Mr Stitchnripper does what he wants for other meals. He is welcome to eat what I cook. He does and always says thank you. And then does the dishes.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

The Taco salad is another tasty summer favourite when you don’t feel like cooking. It’s the one with refried beans, tomatoes, sour cream etc.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:22 PM

Sadly, I cook a lot. With my food sensitivities, its hard to find pre-made foods or restaurant foods that I can eat. I'm on Mexican food now. I've been eating a lot of fish tacos, sweet potatoes/black bean enchilada and tortilla soup. Some nights I SO wish I could just order something . . .
Old 08-10-2021, 01:53 PM

I love to cook. I think preparing and serving a meal for others is one of the most special things we can do. So many social activities involve eating while we socialize. I sometimes get stuck in a rut and can’t think of what to make but I always enjoy feeding people.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:02 PM

When I cook, it’s a lunch meal. Supper is us eating whatever we fix for ourselves. I need to do what you did - look over my old cookbooks and get ideas! I don’t cook as much as I used to. We don’t eat as much as we used to, and I don’t like cleaning up.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I don’t dislike cooking but it never ends here. I’ve decided to pull out old cookbooks one at a time & search out something new to make. Or just remake something we’ve not had for a while. Here’s the latest:

7 Layer Lettuce Salad
Bran Muffins with Cranberries
Egg & Broccoli Quiche
Baked Spaghetti
Creamed Potatoes with Parsley
You're speaking to my heart. Make it fun and adventurous! I love this idea! Let us know what you cook up.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:31 PM

With just me I don't do much cooking anymore either. I have been making large recipes in the crockpot and freezing in single servings other wise I don't cook. Too much work.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:56 PM

I don' t mind cooking if DH would give me some ideas. If I ask him if he'd like fish or chicken, he says yes. LOL He doesn't grill, so its up to me to find something to cook. Oh, well. at least he eats what I cook.