Janome 350E

Old 08-11-2021, 03:48 PM

Default Janome 350E

I have had this machine for a long time and have not used it for years. My computer crashed and now the Digitizer Jr. that I have will not work on my new computer. It looks like I will have to purchase a new digitizer program but when I looked they are more expensive than this machine. I found one on Amazon but do not know if it would be compatible with this machine. Can anyone help me? The one I found is Embrillance Enthusiast Embroidery Software for Mac and PC. Does anyone know anything about this program or can help me get something that will work.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:08 PM
Gay

Not sure what Digitiser Jr does exactly, but do you need to digitise, or just put designs onto the card for the machine? If the latter I can use Buzz Explore to change colors and save to many embroidery formats. Surely they keep up with upgrades.
Can you just buy an upgrade for your program, that shouldn't cost as much.

Last edited by Gay; 08-11-2021 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:52 PM

Unfortunately it is outdated and no longer supported. The program they suggested is $1100 dollars. I see these machines on sale on the internet for $100 or less so that program isn't even an option. There is a program on Amazon for $179 (I think) called Embrillance Enthusiast embrodery software. I just wonder if that would work.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:43 AM

Gloria: Go to the Embrillance website and look around and do a google search. There is lots of information about it including you tube videos. I think it is much easier to use than digitizer jr and you don't have to have a dongle to use it. You can try it free, and you can buy modules of it based on what you want to do.
There is a facebook page "Brilliant Embrilliance Embroidery" that has about 42 thousand members so lots of ideas, info, help, etc. if you do facebook.
Good luck! here is a link to embrilliance. I am not affiliated with them, but they were a solution for me.

https://embrilliance.com/
Old 08-12-2021, 03:26 AM

Embrilliance is a great program and easy to use. I believe it was written by a former Baby Lock software guy. I have it and love it. I used Palette for Baby Lock and like you the new computers do not do well with the old programs and I didn't want to spend the $'s to upgrade it again. They have a trial one you can download and try. Good luck with anything you buy. I will tell you that I kep tmy old computer for the palette program and do go back to it from time to time. It has Windows 7 on it and that is the one that Palette will work with. Embrilliance will work with all the new platforms.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:44 AM

Thank you guys so much I am going to go to that website and try it out!!!!
Old 08-12-2021, 05:32 AM

I just bought a newer Viking and a newer Bernina. I found out that while they now have a lot the machines can do for adjusting embroideries right on the machine, that both companies offer either a basic program actually earlier version) or a trial version where you can keep the basic conversion program after the trial, so you can open that program on your computer and open and convert other design formats to the one used by your machine. I have downloaded those basic programs from both manufacturers so I can use some of my older designs on my new machines. Will that help? Maybe Janome has something like that? Both my newer machines use an USB, but some of my older designs are on CD's or gulp...floppies. I do have an external flobby drive so I can load my old floppy designs and my desk top still has a CD drive. I don't know how you get designs into your Janome

Last edited by sewingpup; 08-12-2021 at 05:35 AM.