Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 08-12-2021, 05:08 PM

If we had a “like” button, this post would get it.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Furniture, yay! No more sleeping on the floor...
Old 08-13-2021, 04:42 AM

Sewbiz house is not new, If I remember correctly it was built in 2007. Compare that to our current house built in 1918 it’s pretty darn new.

Yahoo on your furniture arriving Janice. We close in the morning.on the 30th and our furniture is suppose to arrive the next morning, new furniture we ordered for lower level will arrive early the same day. THen that same day my sister and her friend arrive to help. But it gets even better two of my quilting friends from Indiana will arrive the followingt day and spend the night. They are on their way to South Dakota. Timing is terrible but will be great to see them again. Needless to say hubby is not happy with me. Wish I had access to my fabric as I would send a bunch back with them, both are prolific quilters and I could downsize my stash

It is beautiful here, having a wonderful break from the heat

Janice is your weather going to be totally different from living in Georgia and are you close to the mountains
Old 08-13-2021, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I saw a thread in here with a link to a disappearing fence rail patch and used Juliasb's fabric to play with that pattern. I suspect it would be a more striking block if my pink was the navy used in half the block. I may redo it. But before any redos happen, I have to finish my other blocks. Have a great day everyone! I'm stuck in zoom meetings for the rest of the day. Posting this thread is my fun for the day.
I don't think you have to do a thing with it. It is beautiful just the way it is. Thank you so much.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:17 AM

Good morning, Zinnias! I’m sitting outside with my cup of coffee on a little screened in porch. The cat came up with me and he’s settled down enough to be in heaven reclining on a ledge inside the porch. Oh so close to the birds yet so far! Lol. I have nothing to do today. Nothing. Just waiting for tomorrow. Might venture out to find Walmart just to do something. Maybe get lunch in town. Who knows? I never have a completely free day.

Terriamn, your hubby may be annoyed but quilting friends are always welcome and won’t care if the house isn’t in perfect order. Weather here is similar to GA but generally cooler and wetter, or so I’ve been told. It’s def cooler. Last week we slept with the windows wide open and were chilly, unheard of in August in GA where we lived. Lived. Hmmm, already making the switch.

Hope everyone has a fine day!
Old 08-13-2021, 07:36 AM

Sounds so lovely Janice!!!! So glad you made it through the move and furniture is there. Now you can begin enjoying your new home! Congrats!

We've had a couple tense days here in California. It's hot. There was a fire a ways away from us but still something to be watched. We happened to be on the pathway for the planes that were flying over head to the fire to drop retardant.

Because those planes were overhead they were in position to spot a fire that started from an hot ATV parked on dry grass. This fire was less than a mile from us. They jumped on it...dropped their load of retardant on it and snuffed it out quickly. We were on high alert for about 30-minutes waiting for the call to say 'evacuate now', but never did.

Stay cool everyone!
Old 08-13-2021, 02:13 PM

Looks like packages are going to start coming in next week already. Woo hoo! Reminder I’ve extended the deadline to the 27th so you needn’t run out immediately to get them in the mail.

Terriamn and Macybaby, the previous owners left a packet containing plant names and the flowers are phlox. Phlox paniculata Laura to be precise. That was good of them.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:25 PM

So happy for you Janice. Enjoy the new house.
Old 08-15-2021, 02:01 PM

Hello from rainy NC! The furniture is in and about one third of the boxes have been emptied. Good progress. And best of all, I found my box of boom shipping supplies. It had been put in the wrong room but it turned up this morning. Now I’m all set for your shipping!

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. Hope the coming week is a good one.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:50 PM

Here are 3 more blocks: One for hav4boys; second is for Jayne W and the third is for Bibliostone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8-15'21_0001.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	635059   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-15'21_0002.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	635060   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-15'21_0003.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	635061  
Old 08-15-2021, 05:05 PM

annt59 - Those are great! I especially like your block for Bibliostone.

Here the are two I made for her. I struggled with how to deal with that beautiful fabric. It hurt to cut into it... Log Cabin and what started out as a Variable Star but ended up not a variable star as you can see.

The Paris fabric for Nelco was similarly difficult for me to decide how to cut into it so I ended up picking random Paris themed components and used pinks and blues and neutrals to complement the blue red and white of the French flag. One more Paris block for Nelco to dream under.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Log Cabin.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	635062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Variable Star sort of.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	635063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	32.7 KB