Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 08-18-2021, 06:58 AM

Janice, I am glad to hear that you are finally moving in! Before you know it you will start to settle in.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:49 PM

klaws, this part of the boom may be over but wait for all the beautiful flimsies that are going to be posted, too! and then all the quilting experiments to share. I guarantee that I will still be working on my president's quilt after the next boom starts so you'll be seeing posts from me in here for a long time.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:31 AM

Good morning! Three packages of blocks have come in so far to the new address. Everything is going well in the mailing department. This morning I found a little post office two miles away which will be very convenient when it comes to shipping your packages. Yay for small, happy things.

Yesterday was my first official time watching my granddaughter on my own for more than a few minutes. Her parents had business so they went off for 3 hours. Charlie wasn’t too happy with them leaving at first but within a short time, we were playing and having snacks and playing some more. What a pure delight! By the time they got home, it was clear she’d had a good afternoon with Granny.

Hope you all have a good day. I’m off to work on the sewing room, disaster that it is.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Yay for a good afternoon with Granny! Charlie will learn how special her Granny time is. I'm already imagining all kinds of activities with Ivy in the "city house" (Memphis). Cookie baking, playing with toys, and I want to put a swing set in the backyard. The house has a beautiful backyard with fabulous, thick grass that was put in and cared for by a landscaper that used to live across the street. So much fun is going to happen there! Even sewing, eventually!

Two of the ladies in my local charity quilting group decided to make bargello lap quilts to donate, and they asked me to join them. That will be my first bargello. We are using batiks and the pattern on the cover of the book "Twists and Turns Bargello Quilts". I'm excited about trying such a different project. They say it's easy!
Old 08-19-2021, 11:36 AM

Two more packages came in. Way to go, Zinnias! I’ll check where we are as far as who has sent what and get back with you tomorrow.

SBG, granny time must be just about the best thing ever. You’ll do great at the Bargello. It requires accuracy sewing your strips together and that’s right up your alley.

Here comes the rain - again!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-19-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:20 PM

In no particular order, the following people have shipped their blocks and they’ve been received:

hav4boys
marcialee
sewbizgirl
juluasb
kristijoy
MJP Encinitas/stcpawz
bibliostone
ahwu
ibex94
klaws

two others are confirmed in transit:
terriamn
jaynew

Once they’re all in, I’ll do a quick sort and get them out to you as soon as I reasonably can.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:00 PM

Yay! One package I don't have to worry about anymore. I'm glad to hear that the post office is functioning to the east of me. Thank you, Janice. No hurry. We don't want to burn you out as we want you to continue to host :-) Hugs.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:14 PM

annt59 I love my block thank you so much
Old 08-19-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
My blocks are bagged up and heading to the post office first thing tomorrow morning. To wrap up what I haven't posted yet, I have made two Lily blocks, one for Annt59 and one for JayneW. And let's make the last one get us ready to start celebrating the upcoming cold holiday season for the northern hemisiphere, a Hunter's Star for Marcialee in very classic Christmas colors.

Thank you all for your beautiful show and tell for the last few months. I have loved watching and learning and can't wait to get my President's blocks to play with. Thank you Janice for coordinating this for us!
I love my block ibex94 Thank you
Old 08-20-2021, 11:34 AM

One more package has arrived. Thank you, Jayne W.

hav4boys
marcialee
sewbizgirl
juluasb
kristijoy
MJP Encinitas/stcpawz
bibliostone
ahwu
ibex94
klaws
JayneW

one other is confirmed in transit: