Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM

yourstrulyquilts,
Ha ha...a lot of people have that misconception of Florida. I live in west central Florida and we definitely have seasons! I must say this has been the worst winter anyone around here can remember.It is finally warming up and now the pollen is terrible!!
I do feel much better during the warm months. This year I have stayed inside so much I feel like a hermit. I see so much that needs done outside, but I don't feel like doing much of anything out there.Of coarse we also need to redo our guest bathroom and I don't feel like doing that either! Quilting has saved my butt this winter...quilting and this message board.
I keep telling myself it's going to get better. I have to believe it will.

Ditter
Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
yourstrulyquilts,
Ha ha...a lot of people have that misconception of Florida. I live in west central Florida and we definitely have seasons! I must say this has been the worst winter anyone around here can remember.It is finally warming up and now the pollen is terrible!!
I do feel much better during the warm months. This year I have stayed inside so much I feel like a hermit. I see so much that needs done outside, but I don't feel like doing much of anything out there.Of coarse we also need to redo our guest bathroom and I don't feel like doing that either! Quilting has saved my butt this winter...quilting and this message board.
I keep telling myself it's going to get better. I have to believe it will.

Ditter
Are you near Live Oak, FL. My mom died 2 years ago and my Dad makes quilts and gives them away there in town. He gives them to strangers he thinks would like one...she had been on diaylsis for 16 years so all the people there got quilts. the hospic workers etc.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 AM

my daughter lives in Danica beach, works in hollwood..haven't been down that far yet, have family in west melbourne. i love it there!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 AM

dsj, OMG...you have hit the nail right on the head for me! I was on antibiotics for over 45 days, I had no clue I needed to replace the good bacteria..you'd think a doctor would know that???? I didn't know fungus was also a symptom either! I get so many infections but was told that your body is always fighting off the inflammation from the fibro that your resistance is low and you catch everything going around. I'm also going to get probiotics!! Thanks to you and everyone on this board...misery loves company, right??? Its so nice to hear from those who understand!!!!
Kat
Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
Yourstrulyquilts what are you doing for your yeast overgrowth? I too have Candida albicans. It has consumed my body. I avoid sugar, don't eat too much fruit (natural sugar) eat lots of veggies, stay away from dairy products, eat chicken turkey and fish and almonds. Don't drink soda-pop, coffee etc. Lot's of water. I am trying to get my acidic state to normal and we've been drinking the Kangen Water which is high in alkaline. The Kangen Water is called a disease fighter for life. I am willing to try anything healthy to help stop the pain. I seriously belief that most people have Candida and don't even realize it. Toe nail fungus? Sinus infections? Female yeast infections? The list goes on.......

The problem with seeing a medical doctor is that they don't have a clue what we are talking about. They are not trained. Although today there are some 'open minded' physicians that are more aware and are trying to help. YEAH!
I go to my dr and tell him I need Diflucan for yeast overgrowth. And he laughs at me!!
You sound like you are doing a lot. Lemon juice will help balance your Ph and that's what you want. Not too alkaline, not too acidic. Taking liquid probiotics will also renew organisms that will kill the yeast. Most yeast starts from a leaky gut, so enzymes help that. So many people suffer for such a long time and no one thing will help us all. I have spent literally thousands of dollars on drs and supplements, and these are the things I think help most. If you aren't taking anything for pain ask your dr for a trial of tramadol. It helps me a lot and it is in generic form, so it is a lot less expensive that it used to be. So sorry. :-(
Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by kat13
dsj, OMG...you have hit the nail right on the head for me! I was on antibiotics for over 45 days, I had no clue I needed to replace the good bacteria..you'd think a doctor would know that???? I didn't know fungus was also a symptom either! I get so many infections but was told that your body is always fighting off the inflammation from the fibro that your resistance is low and you catch everything going around. I'm also going to get probiotics!! Thanks to you and everyone on this board...misery loves company, right??? Its so nice to hear from those who understand!!!!
Kat
What is probiotics?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM

It's like acidophilous, can't spell, but has other micro-organisms that will build the right flora in you stomach and gut. You get it at the health food store.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM

My friend made my GD a quilt like your avatar for her Baby Shower. Hers is in pink. We use it all the time.
I am trying to get her to make me my own.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:40 PM

i think the true definition for FMS is that when you are feeling really crappy, and nobody can suggest a REAL reason - then you know that you have it. especially when it goes on and on and on and on....... Went to doctor for steroid injection into hip this week, at the moment it has made it worse, but hoping it improves. On the bright side ---- Still quilting :)
Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 PM

friend fibro quilters,
Please try the NAET! I was treated for yeast and have not had any problems with it sinc. (over a year!)
I can eat bread now and can sleep all night!
I have five friends who have been completely cured of fibro with this treatment.
NAET.com