Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Ongoing War With a Consew >

My Ongoing War With a Consew

My Ongoing War With a Consew

Old 08-27-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Donna Jordan uses a Consew if I remember correctly. Other than that I'm no help at all. Have you have a sewing machine repair guy look at it?
Actually, I believe Donna Jordan uses a Juki 8700.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:36 PM

I would contact the store where you purchased the machine or the manufacturer. There is also a Facebook group for Consew owners where they might be able to offer suggestions on how to resolve your problems with the machine.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:05 PM

I just checked and Donna Jordan did use a Consew back in 2017. She may be using a Juki now, I don't know. Might be worth contacting her though. She may have some hints for you.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BonnieJP View Post
I would contact the store where you purchased the machine or the manufacturer. There is also a Facebook group for Consew owners where they might be able to offer suggestions on how to resolve your problems with the machine.
Of course there's a FB group, lol. Why don't I ever think of that as a resource? I'm in groups for similar things, including the brand I have, and they really are helpful. I know some are reluctant to use FB, but you don't have to use it for anything other than group membership if you don't want to, and you can restrict what information you include about yourself.

That could be just the resource you need, I'd definitely give it a try.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

I know some are reluctant to use FB

Use a fake name and free email like gmail to use for groups. I am always surprised at the people that put real info on their account and have it set for public view. My real account is set for certain people (family) to be able to see what I post to it or what others post to it. My daughter says the real me is invisible on Facebook. LOL
Old 09-02-2021, 06:33 PM

I used to have a Singer 241. Not quite as sophisticated as your Consew. But I had a hard time adjusting to using this machine because of the type of motor. The motor was external to the machine and I think I needed a "clutch" motor. The motor would either be on at full speed or not running at all. I also found that the type of thread I was using made a difference. It also mattered what position the thread spool was in. It had to be upright and go through an eyelet above the sppol then to the machine. It was very particular. Once I had it working, if I had to change thread, I used the tie a knot to link the old and new thread and then pull it through.

You might try this strategy. Get a friend to help you. Ask your friend to thread the machine as you read the instructions, step-by-step. I find that this strategy works for me because it forces me to think differently when I become "teacher" instead of "student".

Good luck! Let us know when you figure it out!