Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 09-15-2021, 03:08 AM

I did it. I got all 140 blocks sewn, pressed and in their place to wait for the next step. I even made another 10 or 12 of another step that takes more time. Today, on to returning bagged fabric from finished projects to their proper places. Organizing by bits and pieces . Jshep, I did the pet bed thing all of the first COVID year and sent many beds to the local ASPCA. Good way to repurpose fabric that I will never use for covers and to make use of the scraps from trimming and like you donations of pieces too small for my quilting purposes. Rest happy sweet pets.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:43 PM

Finished emptying 10 bookcases, packing several boxes for moving and arranging books and fabric for estate sale. Also finished emptying several file drawers. Took a lot to the thrift store. Still need to box stuff I plan to keep.
Still need to sell the long arm with boxes of thread, pantos and templates.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:14 PM

Keep up the great organizing work everyone!

petthefabric: Wishing you a fast sale of your long arm and accessories.

I have been sorting scraps into colors from several shoebox sized tubs. I haven’t been in the sewing mode so this keeps me involved with fabric. 🙂.

Old 09-18-2021, 03:51 PM

Some previously sold furniture left today. Rearranged others to fill the gap. Now have big space in middle of room.

It gets worse before it gets better. I show pics but it looks terrible right now...."this box is keep, this box is sale, this box is thrift. In order to move the next thing, it'll take a bigger mess to get to the design wall and a bunch of pinning to get things off the design wall. Etc. Etc." And my desk just keeps getting taller with things I want to keep or UFO's that take some work.

It'll start looking better a little at a time and just like a puzzle, the last pieces just fall into place.

That LA really needs to go.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:16 AM

Yesterday, we delivered more furniture. Her DH had heart attack and surgery. He's out of commission for recovery.

Yesterday and today, I'm cleaning my desk. Then it goes out to the estate sale.

The light arrangement came down so it's not light enough anymore. It'll be set up as a bedroom to sell the house.

The planned/boxed projects are no longer interesting. Clean out those boxes and put my "taking with me" stuff in them.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:57 AM

Today, I cleaned off my daughter's desk that was piled high with folders and binders from last school year. Now she can get to work on this school year!
Old 09-21-2021, 04:59 AM

Petthefabric -- I hate the exploded part the most. Keep up with all the good/hard work!

As I've been doing my reorganization, I've really be re-evaluating the value of certain items, not just in my sewing room but in my life in general. As you say -- some things are just no longer interesting. Some things we want to take with us.

But I came in to say that I am very pleased with my changes made this past year. Physically, the quilting is much less demanding and also easier to handle on my new table. It was lovely to sit in my clean clear space and quilt away, not being distracted by all the stuff I still have to do. Oh, I still have things to do, but when I'm quilting it's behind me or way off to the side.

I've gotten two large tops quilted down, lol about two dozen more to go. But with the quilts done they come out of the sewing room and go to new homes and are no longer my storage concerns.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:10 PM

Progress. Estate sale; sold ~100yds fabric, a machine, books, stencils,
This week, must clean out studio and make it look like bedroom.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:36 AM
Power Poster

I’m going to get rid of a bunch of orphan blocks and scraps today. I received an ( offer/request) from a board member who can/will put them to good use and I will be able to declutter another corner of my room. It’s a Win-Win!
We went to Lexington to visit Ben this past weekend and there are a few things I m going to send him too. Not a lot, now that he’s back to work he doesn’t have as much time anymore but he is still working on quilts , designing and drafting new projects.
slowly getting better organized, decluttered. My work schedule in October is going to be challenging but I will have a few days to spend in the sewing room
one step at a time.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:01 AM

Quite by accident, I started emptying three-ring binders that I used in my teaching life. Those binders held the content of professional presentations, weekly plans, and activities for classes by semester and more they went back for 10 - 20 years and will never be used since I have retired and only teach a little on line. Most of the materials are on thumb drives already, so why save the paper copies? Why leave that stuff for my children to through out some time in the future? Out it went. Binders will go to my grandchildren and the hanging file folders will go to a local school.

Now to tackle a drawer that is full of crafting materials that I kept stocked for grand children that have outgrown the materials. Goodwill will be getting a visit from me and I will have more space for other things that should be stored for the future. I continues to amaze me how freeing it is to get over the hump of saving "just in case" I might use it again.