Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't find spray starch in any store in my area. >

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Default I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

I found Sta Flo liquid at Walmart but spay starch is off the shelves in all the stores that usually have it. I have a gallon of Best Press but prefer the spray starch. Niagara bought out Faultless so is the company not making as much? Who knows. The last cans I found were at The Dollar Tree. Odd brand but works fine. Even they are out online and in the store. Anyone notice if spray starch is hard to find in their area?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Whenever I can't find something (or even if I can) I go to Amazon.
They have what you're looking for.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I checked Amazon but it is very over priced for spray starch. But I had a notice of a price change for the rotary cutter blades I use, price dropped a lot. Amazon got my money after all. LOL

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-22-2021 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:33 AM

I found spray starch on walmart's web site.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:11 AM

I make my own spray starch using the Sta-flo liquid starch. Put the starch mixture in a spray bottle and you are good to go. The directions are on the jug, but just in case, here they are. For spraying: Mix one part Sta-flo with two parts water in pump-type spray bottle.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:29 AM

I have not found starch in the bottles in over 9 months. I now buy the stayflo and call it a day works just fine and is cheaper too, more money for fabric!
Old 09-22-2021, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

I won't pay $5 a can online. I'll use the Sta Flo. I'll add vodka to the Sta Flo and see how that works out. I keep a bottle of cheap vodka for baking, excellent for thin pastry.

My husband went to Walmart and I asked him to buy me a bottle of Sta Flo. He came back with four 1/2 gallon jugs. Said this stuff is cheap and the stocker said they were not getting it on the last trucks that came in.
$2.49 a half gallon. I have enough for my guilting buddies. But they probably have as much as me by now too. LOL We all use starch before cutting fabric.

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-22-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:28 AM

I didn't like having a residue left on my iron or fabric when I used spray starch so make my own using the liquid Sta-Flo and put it in my spray bottle. Seems to not leave the residue this way.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

I mixed half Sta Flo and half water and put in a mister bottle. It gives a nice starch finish. I found a box of Argo powder starch in my laundry room closet. I have never used powdered starch before. My mother always used it but she did all the ironing. She liked to iron. She said no one bothered her when she was ironing. LOL
Old 09-22-2021, 10:06 AM

Have you tried somewhere like Dollar General, Family Dollar, or Target? I live so far out that if I don't want to make the trip to Walmart for starch, I get what I need at one of the places listed above because they are convenient.