Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops suggestions Manistee-Muskegon MI >

Quilt shops suggestions Manistee-Muskegon MI

Quilt shops suggestions Manistee-Muskegon MI

Old 09-24-2021, 03:52 AM

Ohhhhh, so many good ideas and shops to visit. Thank you every one. I knew there were lots but having a thumbs up on specific shops makes planning a personal quilting trip fun!
Old 09-25-2021, 04:05 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions! I've been to Pressing Matters. It's a nice shop, but don't think I'll get that far south this trip. Perhaps I should make it a two-day trip!

I got lost one day in Grand Rapids trying to find Attic Window. That was pre-GPS. Never did get there. It's now on the list.

I'll collect all of your suggestions and plan the round trip adventure!
Old 09-25-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Hubby's mom lives in Grand Rapids and I had hoped that this year I'd be able to go to the AQS show in Grand Rapids, but it was cancelled (again) due to Covid. Maybe next year! I will be taking quilt-related trips out there but this one involves husbands and dogs and is more about travel than fabric.

We have our dates and route there pretty well picked out. Trip will be in May, the two weeks before Memorial Day Weekend (we will be home recovering on the actual weekend). We'll start out on I-90 which would take us most of the way there, but will drop to see Mt Rushmore following a lower route to Peoria, IL area before heading back up the lake towards Grand Rapids.

On the way back, we are looking at taking the Ferry across the lake from Muskegon to Milwaukee -- mostly "just because" and that gets us easily back to I-90.
https://www.lake-express.com/schedule/

We hope to visit some friends in the Minneapolis area on the way back and today's task is to plan the way home.
================================================== ===

There are a number of shops in WI. Try to make Green Bay if you can only make one city. There are quite a few shops in a 20 mile radius. There's one in Door country which is the peninsula to the northeast of Green Bay. I've heard there are scenic drives along the lake. I'm sure WI quilters can tell you the very best places to shop and areas to visit..

I like your eastward plan. Perhaps my husband and I will take a trip westward. We generally share 1:1 rest stops. One where he wants to stop and one for me. You can probably guess where many of my stops area.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:08 PM

I've been to Attic Windows & it is a nice shop. My sister-in-law was driving because I didn't do the north side of GR growing up.
We headed N from downtown & couldn't find it until we turned around. It is on the West side of the road in a small strip mall with a sport/running shoe shop. At least in 2019.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:19 PM

There is a paper magazine called The Country Register . I use it to find quilt shop and other events happening in my area. I looked up Michigan, and they do print an issue for the state of Michigan. Hope this may help you too.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by ctrysass2012 View Post
I've been to Attic Windows & it is a nice shop. My sister-in-law was driving because I didn't do the north side of GR growing up.
We headed N from downtown & couldn't find it until we turned around. It is on the West side of the road in a small strip mall with a sport/running shoe shop. At least in 2019.
LOL.....I probably drove past it about 4 times without seeing it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by GregB View Post
There is a paper magazine called The Country Register . I use it to find quilt shop and other events happening in my area. I looked up Michigan, and they do print an issue for the state of Michigan. Hope this may help you too.
Most all quilt shops have The Country Register. Stop at one shop, pick it up and enjoy this old fashioned but delightful little news paper about quilting, crafting and some recipes Good Idea, GregB. I had forgotten about this little resource. .