Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show? >

What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show?

What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show?

Old 10-09-2021, 02:31 AM

Wink What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show?

I have always been drawn to the Art Quilt category of a quilt show. I love to see the embellishments chosen to make the quilt shine! Of course, I love the vendors part of the show where you can shop and see the latest, greatest quilting tools and fabrics.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

The vendors - when I can get close enough to see what they have!

Also, the demonstrations.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:05 AM

I pretty much like everything - the quilts on display, the vendors with all their goodies and just seeing all the new things, and being with folks with the same interest in quilting.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:20 AM

Same here. I love it all. It is exciting to go and see all the displays and the new quilting gadgets. It makes me want to get right home and make something.

Inspirational
Soul feeding
everyone in attendance is so nice and helpful.
the classes they offer.
the make and takes

some times i am not in the mood to do anything and a quilt show gets me grounded and back to doing things that i love!
Old 10-09-2021, 06:23 AM

The vendors are one of my favorite parts. I love to play on LA machine and wish about witch one I am gonna have someday. I also love to Oooo and Ahhhhh over all the quilts.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:27 AM

I'm at the point where I don't really need or want anything, I have all the tools, gadget, and fabrics (mostly 😜 ) I want, so the vendors don't have too much appeal for me anymore. The most recent show I attended, the vendors were down a lot in numbers anyway. What I love are seeing other people's quilts and being inspired. Every time I go to a quilt show, I come home and work (play?) like mad in my studio.
Old 10-09-2021, 10:53 AM

Definitely the vendors, even though I do not need anything. I did start checking out the quilts recently to get ideas for new patterns.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Like everyone says the inspiring majic of the whole show. It is like you step though somewhere enchanted. I just love to stare at the quilts, place bids on the raffle table, talk to the quilters and buy at the venders tables. I don't think there is anywhere else that makes you feel quite like the hussle and bustle of a quilt show.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:29 AM

Gosh I like all parts! I try to take at least one or two classes too. Quilt shows are so inspiring!
Old 10-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

I’m also one who loves it all! I need a whole day just to look at all the quilts- then I usually still go through looking again as I’m visiting the vendor areas and the demonstrations are wonderful. There is nothing I could say I don’t care for at a show, I sure hope to one day feel comfortable going to another one.