Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show? >

What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show?

What is your favorite part of going to a Quilt Show?

Old 10-09-2021, 04:51 PM

The Thread vendors. We don't have any local shops that sell a lot of the threads I like. I spend time at the Superior Threads booth and the Aurifil booth!
Old 10-09-2021, 06:36 PM

I've gone to both small, local shows and the large state or national ones. I love the introduction to new ideas whether they come from viewing the quilts or talking with the vendors. I've learned so many good tips by going to the free demonstrations and taking a few classes. I've been quilting a long time and thought I knew pretty much everything but there's always new things to see and learn.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:06 PM

I first go to the vendors to see their fabric and quilting tools.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:44 PM

I'm always watching for unusual, gotta have, fabrics. I love the Aboriginal fabrics and get a few pieces at each show. The quilt displays are inspirational and awe inspiring. It's fun to see the latest quilty inventions. Don't get to take classes - out of my price range. But love to be in the vendor mall and see all the sights and products.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:05 AM

I’ve only gone to the Houston Quilt Show but the quilts of all kinds are my first reason for going. They are an absolute feast for the eyes and so inspiring. I like the vendors because my choices that I can see in person are definitely limited.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I love all the quilts and of course, the vendors. I bought my sit-down long arm at a show. I don’t know if other shows are like this, but the Paducah show has a bunch of “pop up” (just during the show) shops with great buys on fabric. I love walking around Paducah and buying from Kirschner’s Bakery.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:37 PM

I enjoy the whole experience, but the vendors are my favorite. To me, it's like you can go to one location, but shop nationally or in some cases even internationally. I really like it when a vendor is explaining a product or even demonstrating one, it sparks ideas and inspiration.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:48 PM

I love it all! The quilts, the vendors, the whole atmosphere!

I love looking a and photographing the quilts. I love going from vendor to vendor. I always seem to find something new or something I didn't know about. Do I need all these things? Probably not, but I enjoy shopping and looking and I often make up fabrics and patterns I buy at a Quilt Show into very nice items.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:22 PM

I love to see the quilts and I also love to shop so the vendors are high on my list too. I will be so glad when the big shows start up again.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like a quilt show. I can't wait to go home and create! I love everything about shows.