Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—October 8-11, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—October 8-11, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend—October 8-11, 2021

Old 10-09-2021, 01:48 PM

I accomplished a lot today. worked on my competition quilt I am designing. Just about done piecing it. Also finished piecing a UFO table runner. Quilt it tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:58 PM

Friday I finished the last 4 blocks, and today I managed to get them all sashed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything sewn together to complete the top.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:07 PM

Looking good everyone! I attended a 2 hr zoom meeting this morning and have been preparing food in between projects. Got my binding on my donation placemat finished, kind of weird size they are asking for 11 x 18”, maybe that is what fits their trays, not sure. Anyway I also cut out and fused my October monkey for the pumpkinpatchbc.com BOM I am doing. Huh, just got a message when I was trying to upload my pictures, there was a security error? Hmm...will post and then come back and try to edit with pictures like I had to do on my old iPad.
nope, it is not liking it, sorry but I don’t have time to resize at the moment if that might help.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:20 PM

Well, I finished out the day getting the corners done on my LBB flimsy. I didn't just get one corner done. I got all the corners done so the flimsy is DONE and ready for quilting. Don't know what sewing/quilting I'll do tomorrow.

lbb mitered corners , on Flickr

lbb flimsy , on Flickr
Old 10-10-2021, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Well, I finished out the day getting the corners done on my LBB flimsy. I didn't just get one corner done. I got all the corners done so the flimsy is DONE and ready for quilting. Don't know what sewing/quilting I'll do tomorrow.

lbb mitered corners , on Flickr

lbb flimsy , on Flickr

Wow! This is a stunning quilt! Your work is fabulous , just spectacular, what a labor of love.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:33 AM

I am joining in on the last day to make 1 block for our guild president. It's due at our Nov. guild meeting. The block will be a House block. Our president is a homebody and loves to stay busy at home. Also, the stay at home orders for covid make the house block appropriate. Her favorite colors are orange and gold...so these will be incorporated into the block. I will tuck a cat or 2 in a window and beside the front door as she Loves cats!
Old 10-10-2021, 03:48 AM

That sounds like the perfect block for your guild president. Hope you post a picture or two.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:11 AM

Sunday morning Update:
My plan is....
1. Make sample blocks for a gift quilt. Just two!
2. Make more squares using the 2.5" squares from the Birthday Swap ( 7 done and 13 more to go)
3. Quilt a UFO - half done (Cross hatching and finished going in one direction. Later today, the other direction!)
4. Deliver a quilt to my longarmer friend - maybe. Not happening this week-end.

IrishRose2, don't be overly concerned about pink and blue for baby quilts. Creating a lovely quilt to bless the child is all that is needed. I seldom make traditional baby quilts any longer and have seen the quilts slide from infancy to toddlerhood.. Most modern moms really don't lean on the traditional colors. Not that you can't do pink or blue, I am just letting you know it is OK to go in a different direction. I went to a first birthday celebration last weekend and discovered the monthly baby photos were all taken on my quilt! So honored! It is brown, green with baby forest animals. Not at all traditional colors.

I am working on an Arkansas Crossroads too this weekend too. Photos of VQW later.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-15 John Andrew Keeler.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	635828   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-15 John Andrew Keeler close up 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	635829  
Old 10-10-2021, 04:54 AM

A little late to the party but here's my list:
1. Make binding and sandwich a Halloween table runner.
2. Applique 2 elephants on a "Mommy and Me" baby quilt.
3. Try to straighten sewing room. Have to be honest, not sure this one will happen.☺
Beautiful work everyone!

Last edited by Nesie; 10-10-2021 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

Jean- all I can say is WOW!! Stunning work
WMU- love your fussy cut blocks!!
Raggiemom- yes it's that one you mentioned.I've never done a Christmas Wall hanging and thought it was a cute one. And yes, I wasn't surprised either. The Yankees were so streaky this year. I'm also rooting for Tampa Bay!! And I hope the Giants. I'm watching as many games as I can. But I'm tired ! Giants games are late. lol
One thing I'm mad about with Boston and Houston is that they got caught stealing signs and nothing happened, no penalties, no taking away Houston's WSC. That's just wrong!

Last edited by SusieQOH; 10-10-2021 at 05:35 AM.