White Rotary Sewmaster 611

Old 07-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Theres nothing about that in the manual, and the only spool pins is the main one and the one for winding the bobbin, so i'm not really sure.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 PM

Maybe it was a different Sewmaster that had the three spools. It seems one of the links mentioned the three spools. I caught the name and indication similar to embroidery and so simple a child could do ti.

Thanks for looking.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:44 PM

The "Miracle Stitch" is mentioned in an ad for White Sewmaster from 1953 in the last right hand paragraph on page 5 of the pdf found at https://mhl.org/sites/default/files/...1953-01-22.pdf I don't see any disclaimers about the machine not being the one in the picture.

I'd sure like to know about it. Sounds kind of interesting.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 AM

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but I just found the pamplet for the Miracle Stitch in the back of the pattern book that was also in the cabinet. I forgot I had that book.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:45 AM

That is neat, Thank you for posting. I think the size needle would probably be a 16 or 18. Now that they have topstitching needles, I think those would probably be good for this application. I might have to try with a couple of thread stands.

Now, this is one time I would like to see a picture of the back of the machine.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Banned

I don't think I've ever seen a machine with 3 spool pins on the back, I wonder if it wasn't some sort of adapter that was included with the machine for doing the miracle stitch?

Cari
Old 07-23-2018, 04:40 PM

Cari, "craftker" mentioned the three spool pins in the first link in my post about the "Miracle Stitch." I checked the posters that have this machine, and none have been active for over a year.

Must be an adapter. I sure would like to see the back. It might be a good candidate for some 3D printing, but one would need the original.

Dubert, does the spool pin on your machine have a slot on top, or is it smooth?

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 07-23-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:18 PM

Do you still have the White 611 SewMaster machine with the one spool holder? I am working on one for a friend and I don't know how to thread it since she does not have a manual. It may be missing a thread guide also. I would love to see a picture of yours or a threading diagram. Do you know when they were made. This one is green rough coated one. Very strange machine.

Sammie
Old 10-17-2021, 03:35 PM

Default Threading a white 611

Originally Posted by so I am sam View Post
Do you still have the White 611 SewMaster machine with the one spool holder? I am working on one for a friend and I don't know how to thread it since she does not have a manual. It may be missing a thread guide also. I would love to see a picture of yours or a threading diagram. Do you know when they were made. This one is green rough coated one. Very strange machine.

Sammie
Hi Sammie, I would be glad to send you a photo of my manual showing how it's supposed to be threaded. This forum won't allow me to upload photos larger than 5 mg, tho, and my photos of the manual pages are between 9 and 14 each. My email is [email protected] You can email me yours so I can send you the 3 photos.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:47 PM

Well, I thought I had posted the manual publicly, but apparently I only gave the link to one person 2 years ago. anyways just in case anyone needs it I'll leave the link to it here. https://catbox.moe/c/yvi1ja