Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 10-18-2021, 04:09 PM

Beautiful! Nothing more than that, just beautiful.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:33 AM

Thanks for your kind words, everyone. I wanted each block to "shine" so I thought I'd add more white between them. But that seemed a bit dull, so I used snippets of the fabric I had left as an alternative to the usual cornerstones between blocks. Each of the blocks in the quilt is a quilt in itself!
Old 10-20-2021, 12:58 PM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I just put the final border on my Harriet's Journey. It now measures 78" x 78". I'm not sure what I will bind it in, but it will be going to the long armer in a few days, so I have time to decide. Will post a photo of the finished quilt when it's done. This has been a fun BOM!
Beautiful Mkotch - Your Harriet is going to look stunning !
Old 10-23-2021, 02:41 AM

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well. Where the last four weeks have gone, goodness knows. I have been busy with family and returning to sewing groups. I went to a wonderful quilt show in Malvern in Worcestershire, the weather was kind and the views of the Malvern Hills was delightful.

I had bought a lot of my fabrics from an online shop for Harriet and the lady was a trader at the show. I managed to get all the fabric from her that was already in the quilt for the inner and outer borders and the binding !!

Here are the next eight blocks

Oct 23rd,

G 3, Oregon City p 56
G 10 Prairie Star p 61

Oct 30th,

D 4 Flying Birds p 40
D 6 Fort Bridger p 41

Nov 6th

F1 Lowell Crossroads p 50
F10 Night and Noon p 54

Nov 13th

H2 Quatrefoil p 62
H7 Saint Louis Star p 65

I substituted F1 with B8 on p 26 from The Loyal Union Sampler.

Take care everyone x
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Harriet Display9.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	636071  
Old 10-23-2021, 02:57 AM

Thank you for the next round of squares. I have been pretty lax with working on my HJ this past month. On the other hand I have finished two other quilts that had been hanging a about and made some serious progress on a quilt that uses the the little 2.5" squares from the Birthday Swap from here on the Quilting Board. All I accomplished on the HJ was to make the choices for my final blocks. I have decided to re-make three others to provide better contrast with my background.

So happy to hear you have been out and about enjoying the scenery, shopping and enjoying your sewing friends.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Thank you for the next round of squares. I have been pretty lax with working on my HJ this past month. On the other hand I have finished two other quilts that had been hanging a about and made some serious progress on a quilt that uses the the little 2.5" squares from the Birthday Swap from here on the Quilting Board. All I accomplished on the HJ was to make the choices for my final blocks. I have decided to re-make three others to provide better contrast with my background.

So happy to hear you have been out and about enjoying the scenery, shopping and enjoying your sewing friends.
Gosh, you have been a busy girl WMUTeach. Thank goodness for our hobby as it keeps us busy - especially from the virus we have been having and isolation ! Our numbers in the UK are still far too high ! I had my Flu and Covid 19 booster last Wednesday - bit of a headache and sore arm so far.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:44 AM

Thank you, Dotty -- great blocks for this month! I'm so glad you were able to find your fabrics to complete your quilt. The quilt show sounds wonderful.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Thank you, Dotty -- great blocks for this month! I'm so glad you were able to find your fabrics to complete your quilt. The quilt show sounds wonderful.
Thanks joe'smom
Old 10-23-2021, 10:35 AM

Great blocks DottyD! I would love to go to a quilt show right now. That's perfect that your Vendor was at the show. Vendors are my favorite part of any show.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:58 AM

I'm going to a retreat this weekend, and plan to finish as many Harriet blocks as possible! I would like to get this one done so that I can move on to the Bonnie Hunter mystery later this month. Wish me luck!!