Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craft show ideas >

Craft show ideas

Craft show ideas

Old 10-26-2021, 04:00 PM

Thank you for the great replies and helpful hints. Lots of ideas to sort through and googling for different patterns. I'm going to be thinking lots of smaller items rather than fewer larger. And marketing and presentation is everything! I have a year to build up a stash of gifts and goodies!
Old 10-26-2021, 07:55 PM

Holiday and Seasonal Decor Items seem to do very well -- wall hangings, table runners, pillows.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:26 AM

The little Petit Four Basket from byAnnie is a newish idea and super easy to make. Here is a link to a Fat Quarter Shop video tutorial, It is a free pattern from ByAnnie website. It uses 10 inch squares and soft and stable or the other kind of foam type interfacing - perfect for scraps leftover from other projects. I had to stitch 2 pieces of scraps together to get a 10 inch square but it worked. Just look at the pattern and see where you have to cut and where you have to stitch and stitching the scraps is easier.
I think these would sell if made with themed fabric and are useful for any number of things, even non-sewing/quilting things! lol
Scroll down a bit on her free patterns page to see the Petit Four Baskets.
https://www.byannie.com/patterns/free_patterns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MMs2Tv4Eag

Old 10-27-2021, 01:34 AM

Also saw this quote: Why buy it for $7 when you can make it for $92 of craft supplies?
maybe post this at your table with a smiley on it for those folks who look and say "I can make that myself".
Old 10-27-2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
The little Petit Four Basket from byAnnie is a newish idea and super easy to make. Here is a link to a Fat Quarter Shop video tutorial, It is a free pattern from ByAnnie website. It uses 10 inch squares and soft and stable or the other kind of foam type interfacing - perfect for scraps leftover from other projects. I had to stitch 2 pieces of scraps together to get a 10 inch square but it worked. Just look at the pattern and see where you have to cut and where you have to stitch and stitching the scraps is easier.
I think these would sell if made with themed fabric and are useful for any number of things, even non-sewing/quilting things! lol
These look great and with the right fabric I think they can be used by anyone. Definitely going to make some!
Old 10-27-2021, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
I got a little basket similar to those at a quilt guild auction. I bought it because it was cute but had no idea what I would do with it. Oh my goodness! I use it all the time to hold all those things one must have near when stitching...my seam ripper, extra needle packet, thread snips, stilleto, a few safety pins, a small 6 inch ruler....I could not live without it now. So if you make some of those, be sure to have a display of one holding things....pens and pens, keys, loose change, jewelry, whatever!
Old 10-27-2021, 08:05 AM

For issues with excess plastic bags try "Bags for Benches" ... the Lion's club in our community has started collecting the heavier plastic bags and having them made in to benches for the community ... so far they have donated 3!

Old 10-27-2021, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Oh thanks murphy, I was at the byannies site for an hour. Good news is I got a Stiletto I have been wanting a nice one since my clover one died.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:36 AM

Things that I find sell good at Craft Shows are Rice filled Microwavable Neck warmers, Christmas Stocking, Oven Mitts, Hanging Towels, and Pot Holders. I use mostly scraps so I am making my cost back on each item. They don't have to be Christmassy just fun. I have taken a full year to be prepared for a Craft show. I also put up a couple smaller quilts to sell. I have sold a couple and made fair $$ on those too.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:24 AM

Not a made thing but you can do small bags of junk journal supplies with fabrics scraps, buttons, bits of ribbon, bits of lace, etc.
Small sewing kits.
Christmas tree skirts.
Wall hangings for Christmas.
Advent calendars.
Christmas table toppers.