Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Skateboard Quilt >

Skateboard Quilt

Skateboard Quilt

Old 11-01-2021, 06:26 AM

What a great guy quilt and the fabrics were perfect, especially the flames! I, too, wonder if you ever sleep. I sew almost every day for 4-6 hours and can't accomplish half of what you do. What type of machine do you quilt on? I have a Tiara II but meandering is my least favorite quilt design to do, so that slows me up too, ugh.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:13 AM

What a great quilt for a boy! It's more than perfect. Well done!
Old 11-01-2021, 10:23 AM

I adore this quilt it is a fun pattern and perfect for any boy or young teen. You have done a wonderful job on this one. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
What a great guy quilt and the fabrics were perfect, especially the flames! I, too, wonder if you ever sleep. I sew almost every day for 4-6 hours and can't accomplish half of what you do. What type of machine do you quilt on? I have a Tiara II but meandering is my least favorite quilt design to do, so that slows me up too, ugh.

I assure you I do sleep, although not as good as when I was young. I once worked at a sewing factory so I am used to sewing fast. I see at the highest speed a home machine will go, just wish I had a commercial machine like Donna Jordan.
I have a Queen Quilter Eighteen, second hand. It was a one owner and she gave me her paperwork. It’s a sit down manuel, no bells and whistles machine, no electronics but I love it. I have made King size on down but most are meander like this one. I did do ruler quilting grid, on a large about 65x80 Sunflower panel quilt, for my oldest granddaughter. If I quilted something small I may would try fancier quilting but I really can’t maneuver a large King or Queen to have enough control to be precise with a design. I quilt for my family or donations and so far as I know, everyone is happy. The lady did tell me it was mounted with a frame in the showroom but she didn’t have the room for it and had the dealer remount in a table. I like to sew every day or embroider but don’t always get to.-Toogie
Old 11-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Same here- not enough 'boy' donation quilts. I've had this pattern on my 'to-do' list and seeing your handsome quilts inspires me to move this pattern up the list - nicely done!
Old 11-01-2021, 04:56 PM

Fantastic!!! That's so cool!!! That will surely make someone really happy!
Old 11-07-2021, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Any boy would love this quilt. It is beautiful. Quilting too.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:02 PM

I really like your quilt. it is so cute. I would like to make one. I have some oof the flaming fabric.