Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilted Bed pad >

Quilted Bed pad

Quilted Bed pad

Old 11-03-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
I picked up one in the Baby section at a store.
I’m not sure what you picked up, a baby changing pad? I’m speaking of a large 30 in x 40 in washable waterproof pad.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:46 AM

Is this what you are looking for?

BeyBee Premium Quality Bed Pad https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Ma.../dp/B01N9GJG3Z

Old 11-04-2021, 09:02 AM

All of you have been great trying to point me in the right direction and I thank you. When Hancock Fabrics was closing I went to all the Hancock’s around even 2hour drive one way south of me and an hour and a half west of me and bought what they had. I feel somewhat embarrassed to admit this. Yesterday I was looking in my sewing room closet. I hardly ever go in because it’s blocked off with my 8 foot portable cutting table on risers. Low and behold, there is a roll of Baby Dry with 9 yards! I wondered if I had gone through all of it. I get request if Avery needs a certain color bib or ‘special’ bib and this was first time requesting more bed mats, so I wondered if I had used it all. I love this stuff. Even though it’s been washed and dried repeatedly it holds up great. When she was smaller, at one of her doctor visits, a mom asked my daughter where my daughter had bought her bibs. I used to machine embroidery her bibs with an age appropriate design and mom had big hair bows to match. The mother had a teenaged son and said it was so degrading to have to put a BABY bib on him because that’s all she could find to buy. We asked his likes and I told my daughter to get the lady’s address. I went home and embroidered him his football team he liked, music related, etc and sent her a package of bibs for a TEENAGER. I know she was happy for him because I am happy when we find things for Avery. Here is our girl!
Thank you again for all your help. I may need new links again but this roll I found should last a while.😀
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CA9C152C-1B2E-4A76-94E7-8ED5624D7611.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	636250  
Old 11-04-2021, 09:37 AM

Just a quick question. How do you get the bed pad to stay in place? Is it heavy enough that it doesn't bunch or move around when the person moves around? Having been in a hospital or rehab bed the pads that they use never stay in place.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:05 PM

Quiltertotheend Avery doesn’t roll over unassisted. However, my daughter gets up some nights when Avery fusses in her sleep, to reposition her. Also they are large. We haven’t had that problem. I don’t like the hospital pads, throw away or quilted either. I quilt a 30x40 piece, then sew it right sides together, to the Baby Dry , leaving an opening for turning. I then top stitch around the outer edge catching the opening with my top stitch. The last picture is one I keep here for changing her or when she used to sleep here. We can’t lift her anymore so miss her sleepovers. It’s several years old.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Toogie, any chance the roll you found still has the manufacturer's address on it? I wonder if they changed their name to something else or if this is just one of the items held offshore with our shipping delay problem and that is why it can't be found online..

Your granddaughter is beautiful!
Old 11-08-2021, 08:24 AM

Avery is beautiful!! And she is so lucky to have a grandmother that sews!!!
Old 11-10-2021, 06:47 AM

Yep, you are right. it was just a changing pad that we got. I ordered the one mentioned above from Amazon. Thanks. Now we are prepared better.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:51 AM

What I found is the same as what Debbiejj found, https://buddlycrafts.com/us/shop/pro...iABEgIENfD_BwE .
I use PUL for bibs and burp cloths and this product looks like it might do the trick for you.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I agree your Granddaughter is beautiful and lucky to have you making things for her.