Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion >

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
JeanieG, I failed to notice the whole quilt you have finished and it is a real gem! Guess most of us old gals have slowed down and not keeping up but I do admire what you have done. I have not finished a quilt in the last four or five years, due to many things along with age...the desire to 'do', husband's anti-comments, etc., so not finishing any thing. Need to finish about 20 UFOs and use up a big stash of fabric. Maybe this winter.
QNS - The photo is just part of the quilt!!!! It has two more rows plus a border to complete! As I mentioned above, I have 6 more blocks to complete the next row. I have not worked on it for some time, as I have been trying to quilt some of my UFO's. I have completed all the quilts I have started (just completed Grassy Creek last years Bonnie Hunter and it is on my bed) so that is a good thing. I have 16 quilts that are in the flimsy stage and need to be quilted. Because I quilt them myself, it takes me quite a while. If I could get someone to baste them for me, that would be great! That is the process I hate!
Old 11-07-2021, 06:40 AM

I understand JeanieG. That will be a big quilt, but one can stop where they want to for their own sizing on the quilt.

Yes, I am a Bonnie Hunter fan too. I admire her and all she does and makes up those Mystery Quilts every year. Yes, I am copying down her directions as she releases them, but not planning on making this year's as I have not finished last year's Mystery Quilt. I may order the Quiltmaker magazine that she writes for, just to see what she is featuring each month of the four month long subscription. Scraps is not really my thing, the bigger the pieces are, the less sewing to do to complete the quilt!

Praying for more winter days when I can see and my head is not hurting so bad that I can get into my Quilt Room and sew and sew and sew. That would be great. Happy Thanksgiving to all, happy this year that we will have two, one for his cousins an another with his brother. Fun, fun, and fun.

Our loved ex-neighbors from Texas adopted daughter and husband are expecting their first baby (boy) in March. More fun thinking about a baby quilt! My first quilt to her was on her sixth birthday and she still has it. A single bed size divided into thirds, the upper was the sky, middle was a 'pink' corral with six horses in it, with a pink hat and boots with her name on it, and the lower third was beside the still waters and grass. The sky was window panels that God looked out of to bless her. Memories that brings back.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:44 AM

Glad you are still plugging along QNS! I am sorry you are having problems with your head! Is it your eyes, or are you having headaches? Hope you can find out the cause and get it remedied. I have absolutely no patience with illness, I want to be well NOW!!!

I have another quilt I am ready to sandwich, and have not worked on the Medallian quilt in a few weeks.

We are going on a three day RV trip with our RV Group starting tomorrow, then heading to Phoenix to visit with my son and granddaughter for a week.

We found out our friends that live in Idaho are coming for two weeks the Sunday after we get back from Phoenix (right before Thanksgiving). We could not make the trip to visit them the last two years, so we are so excited that they are flying here for a visit! Can't wait for them to visit!!! They are the type of friends that it seems like you just saw them last week once we get together!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-07-2021, 12:46 PM

That all sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your camping trip and guests for Thanksgiving. My blood grandmother was Rose Mae Harper ( one of fourteen) had a sister (Myrtle) who rode the train into Idaho in 1900 and married Charles Adamson. They were blessed with many children, and their children, so there are more than 100 in Idaho that are related to me. Shirley Johnson lives in Lewiston and hosted a get-together for great granddaughters of Clarissa America Harper in the summer of 2004, so I got to meet a few. One from Clarksville, WA across the Colombia River from Lewiston, Idaho. That is a fun trip.

My head cannot stand 'noise' and I suffer from allergies so much, my Dr. has me taking a Benadryl Allergy Plus Congestion every night before bedtime. Eyes are both affected by Optic nerve problems, left is blind and the right one sees 90% on good days. I have no depth perception and get dizzy when I try to drive on Missouri Highways. So dh drives, but he has problems seeing also, so we go day by day on independent living. Getting old isn't always roses, but we are blessed to still be able live independently at our age.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:07 PM

QNS - Hopefully you will have more "good" days than bad!! My allergies have been acting up too. I take a Allertec most days lately. My husband had Adult Onset Asma. He has been taking allergy shots for quite a while now. They helped him a lot.

Got all the frozen food to put in the RV, then I am mostly done. I have to take so much more food when we go to Phoenix, as my son loves my cooking, and I love to cook for him and Molley!
Old 12-01-2022, 12:44 PM

On the 13th of October, I ran after a little orphan tom cat in the hallway, he put on his brakes at my bedroom door but I hit the door frame and fell into my bedroom, breaking my left hip. After going to Des Monies, Iowa, Mercy downtown for surgery, and coming back to hometown for rehab and finally back home on the 11th of November, walking with a walker or in a wheel chair, Thanksgiving was a blessing to be home even if I was unable to secure a turkey and the feast I wished we had.

Yesterday, was back to see my doctor and do some shopping for the next month...until December 22nd when I can go shopping again for groceries. Neither of us drive now, so I go once a month with a kind friend. And load her car up with 'needs' for the month. I wish I might get into the quilting room again, but handicapped with the left hip injuries and rehab. Not what we had scheduled for this fall. One day at a time. Each week I seem to improve a little bit more. But progress is very slow. The Tom Cat will be neutered at the end of the year. and no more chasing him out of the house. LOL.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:44 PM

QNS - so sorry to hear of your hip injury! I hope you will recover quickly! However at our age that probably is wishful thinking!

I only have the final border on last year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery to finish quilting and it will be done except for the binding. I have never been this late finishing one of her quilts. I guess my 80 year age is catching up with me. I did start this year' Mystery and just finished Clue 1. I am only doing half the quilt size, as after doing 12 years of her full size Mysteries, I do not need any more large quilts.

I only have two more blocks to complete the next to final row on my Medallion quilt. I decided I am finished when I get them done! It has been hard to keep going with this quilt, as no one else is doing it. That took a lot of joy out of it for me!

Old 12-02-2022, 05:13 AM

Yes, thank you for the thinking of healing fast, JeanieG. And I know it is more of a challenge when more are doing the quilt patterns with you. I have a third of the The Bible pattern book done and put aside. I also note the lack of interest of any group working together, except the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I am following her again, but not into making it right now. Just saving the pattern for later! I miss our group we had when we first started the Farmer's Wife quilts. Time moves onward, whether we are ready or not. Merry Christmas to all and may your journey be filled with joy and happiness of finishing many more quilts.