What are these needles?

Old 11-08-2021, 04:29 PM

Default What are these needles?

I've been cleaning up accessories and miscellany in the recent acquisitions and found one of these needles, by itself, and thought, "Wow, someone really slammed this needle into something."
Then I found three others in a package. Laid next to each other they are all bent the same. Coincidence? I guess I have to allow for the possibility that someone slammed 4 needles into the exact same something at the exact same angles and velocities. Or, were they made this way on purpose?
They have Dotec 75 11 stamped on the shafts.
Anybody have any thoughts? I know there are some really old machines that take a curved needle, but these don't look like that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20211108_181842.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	636318  
Old 11-08-2021, 05:00 PM

I tried doing a search and it seems there are some industrial sewing machines that use curved needles and also a reference of some "old singers" I got overwhelmed a bit with trying to find out more info and I could not locate a picture of a specific machine that took and curved needle.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:07 PM

searched some more....yep...lots of different industrial machines take a lot of strange looking needles....including for stitching shoes and moccasins. Yikes...a whole different world out there!
Old 11-08-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by JoeJr View Post
...Anybody have any thoughts? I know there are some really old machines that take a curved needle, but these don't look like that.
I believe what you have are needles for an industrial or possibly portable blindstitch machine. I couldn't find what exact models but I believe that it is a "lwx6t" that may have some alternate numbers. A couple of sites that have these are https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/lw...-beckert.aspx? and https://www.goldstartool.com/lwx6t-l...ne-needles.htm
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-08-2021, 05:36 PM

Industrial?? I gotta get rid of these needles right away, or I'll be trying to bring home a machine to match them!

The question for me is, who's the wise guy who snuck industrial needles in with a bunch of household machine items?? I was getting ready to try to straighten these on the bench vise (I don't like to throw away anything, and they look new).

Last edited by JoeJr; 11-08-2021 at 05:38 PM.