Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Old 11-14-2021, 04:09 AM

So much fun to see what everyone’s working on. I managed to get a little done on the coloring and got a small quilted art piece mounted to a stretcher for hanging. Will post pics later.

Love the game quilt Iceblossom- and also the backing for your Bonnie Hunter.
Tallchick- that’s going to be a beautiful Allietare.
Rrbrat- great quilt frame!

thanks for the shout out y’all!

Rob
Old 11-14-2021, 04:57 AM

RRbrat: Great frame, how on earth did he find one?

Update on sale: will be putting $698 into Quilt Ministry account, already gave another $300 to churchwide project, still have $225 coming in for quilts sold but not yet paid for. We also had 4 old machines that we had serviced and we sold 3 of them at yard sale prices to two sisters still in high school. Young people sewing! Yay!!l No more moving all those machines ( we still have 4 on hand and if we're doing serious sewing, most of us bring out own machines anyway).
Old 11-14-2021, 05:44 AM

Such great progress and happy stories! Railroadersbrat, how sweet! And grats to Quiltmom2 and your group and all those you help. As well as hooray for all the progress all around.

Hubby was supposed to work a full shift yesterday (Saturday) which started early (4 am!) but they only kept him half the day, so he came home at 8 am. We had some nice time together and went to breakfast at our favorite place but I didn't get much sewing done... turns out I did need to wash the back for Froggy Beach so I did get that done along with all the rest of the laundry. When I found the piece, it was so exactly the perfect size, but then I added a row in length and a border around all 4 sides of the top and it it was just a bit short.

Unfortunately for me and my sleep issues, I've adapted to this getting up around 3:00 am schedule... he however, sleeps in just fine. I've put in the first expansion piece of the back but wanted to take a progress shot but it would be lumpy with him still in bed and all
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	froggy short back.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	636411  
Old 11-14-2021, 05:50 AM

Update to all my wonderful quilting friends. Am here in Northern Indiana with the white stuff falling outside. Many years ago three quilters started the Topeka Quilt show and sale. One has passed on and the second has now take up residence in an assisted living facility. The three kids put all her stash or should I say STASH on a yard sale. Of course I was the first one there. I just started pulling boxes of fabric off the shelves. They had sorted it to color and I spent $193.00 which did include a Singer with a bad foot control.

I am having a great deal of fun integrating the two stashes together. Somehow I have lost the ability to find a quarter inch seam, perhaps I have worn the Bernina out. I take Parkinsons's medication, but I don't think I shake that badly.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:09 AM

I am a day late and a dollar short but here goes:
1. Still finishing a Halloween table runner -I am a great "unsewer" when I think something isn't perfect. Not a great idea when I'm trying to get things done but that's me.
2. Made a lot of Christmas stockings my Guild is supplying to local nursing homes and assisted living centers so I'm going to finish that commitment.
3. Cut fabrics for a Christmas table runner.
​​​​​
Old 11-14-2021, 06:11 AM

I am in somewhat. My Granddaughter (a senior this year) made a quilt in her textiles class last year. Of the whole class she was the only one who knew how to use a sewing machine ( thanks to me - a little bragging here). Anyway she gave me the leftover pieces of the fabric she had used and I am trying my hand at making her a scrappy teddy bear for Christmas. We'll see how that goes. Enjoying reading what others are working on.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:53 AM

I love reading and seeing what everyone is working on. Such a variety. Got the first top done for the GGS's and started prepping material the flannel quilt. This one was much darker than the picture showed on the kit.

Name:	20211113_143140.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	636414  
Old 11-14-2021, 07:03 AM

I've got a lovely blue and white hunters star that is started and maybe half of the blocks done. But I am losing my quarter inch somewhere.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:17 AM

Hey all,
Here's pics of the three pieces that I'm working on today. First two pics are of small pieces that will be mounted to stretcher bars for display. The third pic is of a section of a large wall quilt. I also posted a pic of the piece I finished and got mounted earlier this weekend in the pics section under "Event Horizon- art quilt"

Happy quilting!
Rob

Name:	IMG_2520.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	631.3 KB
ID:	636415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3956.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	715.6 KB
ID:	636416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2056 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	776.9 KB
ID:	636417  
Old 11-14-2021, 07:19 AM

I finished the binding on a little quilt for our senior center's bazaar. It was not a quilt I pieced, but offered to finish so it could be in the sale. I also cut the pieces out for a BOM that will be sewn next week. Then we bought a smart TV and spent the afternoon trying to figure out how it works LOL! Happy to report that we were successful!