Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 11-14-2021, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Well, the winner of the Thanksgiving contest is................Loveofquilts! (Listen to the bells, whistles, and see the confetti and streamers falling all over Loveofquilts).Yeah!

The Thanksgiving surprise should arrive in time for the big day. If you want to read her posting look for post 1040 on page 104. Funny and one we all dread or may have experienced too. OOPS.

Thank you every one who participated it was fun to read your stories. Here is a little Thanksgiving treat I saw on FB. It looks good enough to gobble, gobble, gobble, Turkey Snacks.

Woohoo! Thank you so much, that's really awesome! It was definitely the most embarrassing Thanksgiving ever!

That turkey snack looks so great! That's a great idea. I bet my son would love it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:53 PM

Beautiful Christmas quilt, IrishMom!
Old 11-14-2021, 06:07 PM

>>>>I thinking of making a Christmas Cathedral Windows quilt with the candies. It won't be done by this Christmas, but I will share how far I go.

This sounds like fun. I've always wanted to do a Cathedral Windows but never got around to it. It's on my list. :-) Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

The quilt is beautiful, IrishMom!

And so is the fruit kabob turkey! It made me so hungry for fruit. My grandkids will be with us for Thanksgiving, and they would love that!
Old 11-15-2021, 03:44 AM

Default It's been awhile

Not really sure how long it's been that I've not participated, but I would love to join this coming years swap.
I've used every bit of previous years swaps. Will send you my info via pm
Old 11-15-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by WendyMcD View Post
>>>>I thinking of making a Christmas Cathedral Windows quilt with the candies. It won't be done by this Christmas, but I will share how far I go.

This sounds like fun. I've always wanted to do a Cathedral Windows but never got around to it. It's on my list. :-) Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.
Oh, how lovely. I have never made one. I had a friend make one oh, maybe 40 years ago, and I watcher her s-l-o-w-l-y make what amounted to a bed runner then gave it up. Are you planning on the by hand method or the stitching by machine method. I need another project like a hole in the head but what a beautiful quilt that would make with gem toned holiday fabrics. That will have to sit in the box and stew a bit. I want to make the Sylvia's Bridal Quilt also and I have a Farmer's wife that needs to be finished. So many plans and so little time. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 11-16-2021, 05:29 AM

Got three christmas candy sets from Ibex94 yesterday. Yea!

My mother had planned on making quilts for her childern/grandchildern, and after she passed I found a notebook where she had written down the names of kids and the quilt pattern she had selected. She didn't end up making that many quilts before she discovered crochet and we all got afghans instead.

She had selected Cathedral Window for mine, so I felt I should at least make a small one for myself. I made a runner for my Hope Chest. I did all the stitching by machine, and that size was enough of a challenge for me. Though I made it a bit worse by making rectangles instead of squares. and doing a shaded pattern with the background so it was gray in the center and then shading to black for the outside. I sewed the blocks into rows, then sewed two rows together and then machine stitched down the fold all along the row. Then I added another row of blocks, and then stitched down the fold. Worked pretty well doing it that way. I have it hung up in the sewing room now.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:16 AM

I'm making the Cathedral Windows by machine. I'm not sure of the size yet, I'll just keep adding to it and see. I was thinking of maybe making it into a Christmas tree skirt, or table cloth size. Here is the start. It's far from perfect, but I don't mind. It's a learning curve for sure.

All the Christmas candies seem to shine. Thank you for the side swap!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211116_091442942_HDR.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	636471  
Old 11-16-2021, 04:03 PM

Received 3 sets of candies from Irishmom today!
Old 11-16-2021, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

NZ, What a lovely Cathedral Windows quilt! It would make a beautiful pillow.

Love that you sew on a vintage Singer 15!