Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 11-16-2021, 07:06 PM

That Cathedral looks great! Wendy, looking forward to seeing yours. Good to meet you Gannyrosie.

All my sideswaps have arrived. Love them!

Hard to believe only one more BDAY to go and then the swap is over. This was definitely a low stress swap for me. And the start of a new fabric obsession, lol. Gotta have more candies!
Old 11-16-2021, 07:09 PM

NZQuilter - such a beautiful quilt!!! I can't wait to see it finished!

And thanks to everyone who made such nice comments about my wall quilt. I didn't have a real pattern for it. I just knew I needed something for the wall and I knew I wanted it to be a star with "stuff" around it. I played with graph paper and this is what I came up with. I thought about boxes or checkerboard in the corners (more use of the candies) but decided the corner design gave it more interest (and, ughh, more half tringles!) You'll notice I decided afterwards to add a 2.5 inch border of the background between my design and the candy border. I have attached my drawing, each graph square is 2.5 inches.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (9).jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	636487  
Old 11-17-2021, 04:50 PM

I am just starting to get little hints of interest in another swap for next year. No, I am not opening it up yet, but start thinking about it. We had a small group this year and it worked well. I was new at the "being in charge" thing so a small group worked well for me., After a few behind the scenes bumps, it all worked out just fine. I have two swappers who could not join this year wanting to join in for 2022 so I would assume another Birthday Swap will be a GO but not official opening up until the new year.

Would any one like to start in February rather than in March? Since our last birthday is in January we could move the first month back a month and stick a little closer to the traditional calendar. Your two cents has value here. Share your thoughts please. All in good time of course.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

I like starting earlier. Maybe we can eventually move it back to January. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for leading, WMUT. You are doing a great job.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:46 AM

Irishmom, I received your Christmas candies yesterday. Thank you! Such a lovely collection!

I have received all of the side swap envelopes now, WMUTeach.

I'm fine with starting in February. I'm pretty positive I'll be in for another year. These candies are addicting! So many ideas, so little time, but I keep telling myself, one day when the kids are all grown, I'll be sewing up every quilt I've pinned on Pinterest!
​​​​​​
Old 11-18-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
. These candies are addicting! So many ideas, so little time, but I keep telling myself, one day when the kids are all grown, I'll be sewing up every quilt I've pinned on Pinterest!
​​​​​​
NZ, Isn't dreaming fun! I have so many bookmarked quilts that I will never get to all of them. I did a virtual clean up this summer and dumped some I know I won't do, but the list is still long and is back to growing again.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:10 PM

Whenever you want to start it, I will be there. This was a great swap. and to reiterate what Sewbizgirl said, thank you, WMUTeach,for your leadership!
Old 11-18-2021, 06:58 PM

I don't have a problem with starting the new swap early. Whatever is clever. I sure do appreciate you running this for us, that's really sweet and kind of you.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Oh my gosh... look at this beautiful quilt! We could make this design with candy 9-patches. So cute!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8266622...?ref=hp_opfy-6

Old 11-20-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh my gosh... look at this beautiful quilt! We could make this design with candy 9-patches. So cute!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8266622...?ref=hp_opfy-6

This is a lovely pattern for our candies! I like the binding on this one, too.