Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat? >

Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat?

Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat?

Old 11-26-2021, 07:24 AM

I think the mods are MIA lately. Usually these kinds of threads get shut down right away. So what happens if people add even more game threads than the 10 we already have? Is there a limit to how many game threads are allowed?
Old 11-26-2021, 09:19 AM
Suz

Amen. Amen. Amen.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
OK...I get it. If the topic is "non-quilting talk" it Means "games". Anything else goes into one of the other sections OK..I will start doing that. Now that I understand the rules. I can do that. Maybe a statement could be added to "non-quilting talk AKA Games?)
Threads in General Chit Chat cover a LOT more than just games.
Non-Quilting Talk means a LOT more than just games!

This seems to be such a frustration and annoyance to so many.
Have any of you tried the alternate suggestion offered in post #21???

Might even prove to be a stress reliever for some!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-26-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:24 AM

Here's my "oh for Pete's sake". People...It clearly states "Non Quilting..." Scroll on by!! I have never participated in the games. However I do enjoy all the blond jokes, and anything else that pops up. Every time I come on here, I look at the forums. I usually start with Personal/Announcements for the human interest, and move my way upwards. Recipes, General Chit Chat, pictures, Main....Looking for....introduce yourself...It's just not that hard. I actually come on here several times a day, usually only for a few minutes at a time, whenever I get a short break in whatever I'm doing.

I would think your answer will be "Asked and answered."

Last edited by Anniedeb; 11-26-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Many people complain about all the game threads and nothing ever changes. One would have to surmise the moderator wants it just like it is.

I would be for all the game threads under their own section. Why not?
Old 11-26-2021, 11:06 AM

I totally agree. Take them to their own area.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by lberna View Post
It does say in the description of this forum "non-quilting talk." The Main Forum is for all things related to quilting.
"A place for photos and non-personal, general-interest subjects not related to quilting." This is what is printed for the description of what "non-quilting talk" is for. When there is any other topic then one of the very numerous "games", that topic is often lost in the sheer volume of the "game" topics making it very hard to follow along with a "non-game, non-quilt related topic. I find some of those other topics interesting and would like to follow along. But Alas! The gamers are talking to loudly and everyone elses topic gets lost in the fray. That is why, as I think at least 80% of the postings in this section are "games", that the gamers need their own little space.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
I don’t play the games so have no skin in the game. No pun intended. However this thread and the similar one in the Machine Embroidery forum have piqued my curiosity. This forum is clearly marked non quilting talk. I don’t understand why some of you are complaining that the games are obscuring the quilting topics when there are no quilting topics in this forum.
I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I find the games annoying is that when I pull up "New Posts", I have to go thru all the games to find the actual quilting posts that have new replies. I always click New Posts when I log on so that I don't end up having to go thru a bunch of threads that have no new entries since the last time I was here
Old 11-26-2021, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Quilting Nan, a moderator, use to delete my posts on Chit Chat the reason being it wasn't relevant to quilting. .
Old 11-26-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I find the games annoying is that when I pull up "New Posts", I have to go thru all the games to find the actual quilting posts that have new replies. I always click New Posts when I log on so that I don't end up having to go thru a bunch of threads that have no new entries since the last time I was here
Thanks for this. That’s the first explanation that has actually made sense. I don’t use that function so this might be a stupid question but wouldn’t those same threads come up in New Posts if they were in a separate forum?

Also QuiltE gave a link for a different way to look at the forum so that the General chitchat section can be ignored and you can see all the forums on one page to choose where you want to read. That might be a solution.

Last edited by JanieW; 11-26-2021 at 08:21 PM.