Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend—Nov 25-28, 2021

Old 11-26-2021, 04:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm appliqueing sea creatures using machine embroidery onto this lovely blue green batik and I need more basic black to complete another project. I either miscalculated the amount or wasted some in mistakes, more likely the latter! Happy sewing to everyone.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:51 AM

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. We had our quiet day and caught up on a bunch of tv shows.

Today the Bonnie Hunter mystery started at last -- hooray! I've done my first set of cutting and am taking a coffee break. I've added some purple to her pinks and using solid white. It's a nice change to the eyes from all that blue and gold

I've already done some looking at Black Friday sales -- not for me but Amazon has Cricut mats available on their crafts & sewing deals page. I was checking prices on laptops -- all the news for the last couple of months has been that there will be lots of deals on the lower end and the higher end, but the middle where I'm looking is in short supply and not so much on sale. Thankfully that was true because I ordered what I wanted a couple of days ago and was hoping to find no major price drops today. None that I could find, whew/sigh of relief.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:04 AM

Well, I had planned on finishing up the 3 table runners I have started. Had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday but exhaustion has settled in. Back to bed until I feel rested then it’s the table runners.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:18 AM

Yesterday I made one corner tower of my Colour my World BOM , Big Ben. Maybe I will get my fabric chosen for the Eiffel Tower this weekend,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B8B714F6-828E-481A-A678-DF883C872FB7.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	636582  
Old 11-26-2021, 08:41 AM

Love the Big Ben, Thimblebug.

Yesterday I didn't get any sewing in, but did get a bunch of quilts that had been strewn all over my studio safely put away and I took one down to the kitchen and hung it on the entry wall (far away from any food prep). Had a nice, relaxed T-Day with family. Today I've been working on finishing up the 16 patches for the Debbie Brown October quilt. I still have 9 left to make. The goal is to get them done today. I'm also going to work on the Mandala wall quilt- I decided to add a little more color to it before I add the decorative thread work and the paint will need time to dry, so I won't be quilting on it today. I still can't decide how I want to proceed with the final quilting on the doodle quilt. And I have the Debbie Brown September quilt all sandwiched and ready for quilting- so I could go ahead and quilt that while letting my beady little subconscious cogitate on what to do with the doodle quilt...

RRbrat- I hope you're feeling better soon.

Happy quilting everyone.

Rob
Old 11-26-2021, 09:21 AM

Well, I have to admit defeat on the 201-2 I"ve been working on. I will find a mechanic who works on these lovely machines to get this one running. I've taken apart the areas where I'm comfortable working but the main shaft and it's gears I won't touch. I don't have the experience there to safely handle those areas.

So now I'm off to hand sew the binding on a Winter themed quilt. Here's a photo of the top. I wanted a Winter theme rather than Christmas theme so I could leave it out through February.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:09 AM

Well, I got two of my placemats turned, I have two more, and then it's time to quilt them!

And then I have to bind my pieced heart!

Old 11-26-2021, 02:52 PM

I am not getting to actual sewing like I had hoped. We got Christmas decorations up and space cleaned up so I can finish the stockings. I was able to purchase an AccuQuilt off of Facebook marketplace today with the help of a cousin who lives a couple of hours away where the item was listed, I will get that next week when we have a family gathering, so that's quilting related I guess.

Maybe I will have to wake up early tomorrow and get a little bit of sewing done. My next step for my stockings is to do the quilting.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:18 PM

I was able to finish the gift block for my guild Christmas party, now I'm working on the blocks for Harriet's Journey. Last month I made quite a few of them but wouldn't you know, only 3 of this month's batch of 8 got finished.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

What a slug I am today. Really tired from all the turkey day activities. But, I feel good I was able to get it all together for hubby and I. All cleaned up and some decorating started for christmas. I need to buy some nice cards to sign and send. I went to look at See's candy for a gift and about choaked at the price for a box. Wowser!! How much gold does candy contain? I guess I will give in, but I think I will grumble while hitting the button to buy them. There isn't any brand that comes close, IMO.
Almost all of the presents are bought today on line. Don't you just love those Black Friday sales? Now just to package and mail some them off before it gets too late to get there on time. I read on line where it will be at least four additional days through the postal system. Wrapping will be tonight for the other presents for under my tree. Even if it isn't up yet.
Both hubby and i are slow movers this year. I just say, "It's casual", to hubby. He has had so much on his plate here and work related. I think he needs a breather.

Finished a baby quilt and I am working on a Christmas Wall Hanging. I do need to make five flashlight holders for hubby's siblings. I just need to figure out the pattern, those should be easy enough.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-26-2021 at 03:55 PM.