Pony Club Thread 3

Old 12-10-2021, 09:11 PM

Hi everyone! I have not worked on my Homestead Medallion Quilt in a while. I started the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery (my 12th of her Mysteries). That is the only large quilt I do a year, and try not to start anything else. I still have too many Flimsies that need sandwich and quilting. I do not mind doing the quilting on them, but I hate the sandwich procedure!

I am sorry for all your household problems QNS! I can really sympathize! I realized a few months ago that our freezer was 16 years old. Needless to say I did not want that to go out, as it is packed with food. We decided on the freezer we wanted, but you have to wait for them to be delivered now. I guess they do not stock them in stores or local warehouses like they use to do. Anyway, we got it installed and it is working great.

Then my dishwasher decided to die! Of course we were leaving on a Rally with our RV Group, then going to Phoenix to visit my son and granddaughter. We only had a couple of days, so I had asked the repair person (who said it would cost around $500 to fix the 8 year old dishwasher!) what brand he would recommend. He said Bosch. I checked with Consumer Reports and they also listed Bosch as the top three dishwashers. We got the new Bosch Dishwasher installed a week ago and it is amazing. Love it! I wonder what will go out next!!!
Old 12-11-2021, 06:54 AM

OH Jeanie, that is a lot to have to replace at once. HUGGS. I do hope nothing goes out for a while.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:38 AM

I pray for all those that were in the path of the four state tornadoes; those who lost loved ones, and those from Dawson Springs, and Mayfield, KY., where only the slab of their homes remain. Amazon warehouses were hit in all four states, with loss of life in each case. Worst tornadoes in weather history. May quilters join in the reliable quilt stores to help the surviving families with gifts of quilts.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:38 AM

My thoughts & prayers are also w/all of those affected by these storms.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:57 AM

When it rains, it pours. Had a huge grass fire yesterday, and it burned the garden recycled tires causing a hot, big black smoke. Dh let a burn site get loose, and good neighbors came on the run assisting him. Called fire dept. which sprayed a foam on the tires to put the fire out. One neighbor came in to help with our leaking sink and fixed it; then the refrigerator started leaking water, again. Thank goodness for good neighbors who helped us out in emergencies. I need a hug.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:08 AM

I live one school district over from the Oxford Michigan where the mass murders happened 2 weeks ago. We are all still in shock as many of the parishioners in my church are very involved with Oxford High School. We are going through a nightmare that doesn't want to stop. It is like the world just stopped for the last 2 weeks. I have tried to stay focused on other things but my FW is sitting unused for the most part of the last 2 weeks as we as a community, hold onto one another. We are small communities here and spread out. I live on the edge of my City , only one street into Waterford and we border Oxford and Clarkston and White Lake MI. The nearest LQS to me is in Oxford. The high school is about 6 miles from me. I pass it to go to the LQS. Keep all of us in your thoughts.
Old 12-13-2021, 11:22 AM

Oh QNS - how awful for your husband and you with the grass fire. You will have a lot of cleanup to do in the Spring! Hugs my dear friend. How scary!

Juliasb - My prayers are with you and your community in this awful time! So much tradegy going on right now. I cannot believe the devistation that the tornado caused. It is unbelievable that it could travel so far!
Old 12-14-2021, 04:15 AM

Oh Sue! I'm so sorry. HUGGS. I know that ya & your DH loved your tire garden. It was so productive. HUGGS again.
Julia SB, I have been praying for ll of ya'll that are effected by the shooting. HUGGS also.

I'm also thinking about all fo those that are in the path of the tornadoes.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:29 AM

My daughter lived in Colorado Springs, Col., where the Columbine HS shootings took place. Whole community planted Columbine flowers at their mailboxes in memory of lives lost. It does take a whole community coming together to seek answers and comfort.

Now the news is saying the Candle warehouse workers were told to stay on the job, if they left, they were fired from work there when the tornadoes were headed towards them! With the building damaged, they are left without work. Shame on the plant management.

Ongoing problems do not let up; refrigerator, washer and dryer, kitchen sink faucets leaking. Hanging in there. Appliance man will be back on Thursday.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:53 AM

My mind just can't imagine the devisition that comes w/a tornado. I have seen what happens when a house burns down as my neighbor's house did just that. But for so many people to be in the same boat is just more than I can comprehend. It breaks my heart.