Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Old 12-16-2021, 04:37 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Welcome to VQW. What will you be working on this weekend? I have works in process, block of the week clues and organizing on my list. We’ll see how much gets done. 😀

I will offer a VQW December 31-January 2 if people are interested. Next regular one will be January 14-17, 2022.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:49 PM

Yay! I’ll be working on quilting my September colorblock quilt. I might also work on my doodle quilt if I finish the colorblock.

And I will be looking forward to the Dec. 31- Jan. 2 VQW- glad you decided to offer one for that time period!

Thanks for hosting.

Rob
Old 12-16-2021, 05:35 PM

pulled out a UFO from ?. What is cut is parralellagrams and hexagons. The fabrics have been narrowed down and a general layout planned.
I'm hoping.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:37 PM

Heather thank-you for hosting this thread and the extra threads too. I plan to do the NYD event too.

I am still working on my BHMQ- 2020 top. My goal to complete that top. And start/work on a dragon top for a gift for a GNephew. It’s not a Christmas gift. Plus finish 3 parts of BHMQ-21. I’m 1/2 or more done an 3 parts. Part 1 needs squaring , part 2 needs sewn and squared. Part 3 needs to be sewn on part 1. And cut out part 4 which will be released tomorrow morning. I will get up tomorrow and start sewing early.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:52 PM

Thank you for hostessing us once again.

I will be working on creating the remaining three blocks for the Alcott Civil War Quilt. I have chosen an on-point setting and have the setting blocks created. If I get the three blocks finished I can begin to make the setting triangles and start putting the rows together.

As always there is a bit of cleaning up to do in my quilting room but that should not take more than.....20 minutes. We shall see which rabbit trails, I end up following.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:10 PM

Thank you for hosting again, Heather. Merry Christmas everyone.

I will be making a couple of quilted organizers this weekend, along with a couple of quilted pouches for a 12" x 24" cutting mat and a 14" x 14" rotating mat and if I have time, another organizer that will hang. I decided to take part in Karen Brown's Declutter 2022 challenge, I've got a few things coming this weekend that will help me get organized once we start decluttering in January, including a shoe rack I'm converting into extra storage and a cutting and ironing station, the pouches for the cutting mats and the hanging organizer are going on the rack.

In between that, I'll be checking on my younger sister. She gave us a tremendous scare last Friday and had to have her Sigmoid Colon removed after a bowel perforation. She's doing much, much better and hopefully will be going home tomorrow (Friday) to start healing at home. I've been an absolute wreck this week, I'm exhausted but having some projects to work on will help settle me down. This VQW couldn't have come at a better time.
Old 12-16-2021, 06:31 PM

I have pulled out a bunch of pink and grey scraps. I am making stars - working on my flying geese precision. I have 15 made (8") and have cut material for another 12. I will alternate with a 4 patch eventually. Nobody in mind for it but the blocks are coming out super cute.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:42 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! This has been a very hectic month and I am looking forward to this weekend, and I am definitely looking forward to the New Years weekend one as well. I am still working on my Allitare quilt, my goal is to get 4 a day done then I can move onto the final setting triangles. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.
Old 12-17-2021, 04:24 AM

Thank you Heather…I am working desperately to get my California Firegfighter son’s tshirt quilt done and off in the mail. I just need to bind the darn thing and put a label on it. I have a dear friend who is coming to help sew the binding on. Will post picture later this weekend. I also have some Christmas placemats I would like to make up for gifts.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM

Thank you for hosting again. I will be machine quilting a baby quilt tomorrow and Sunday morning will be making the last two reading pillows. I made 4 the other day and quilted another baby quilt and mailed them out yesterday.

I will like the end of Dec weekend. I will be starting to hand quilt my son's quilt and starting to piece my other son's quilt.