Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa 2021 sign ups >

Secret santa 2021 sign ups

Secret santa 2021 sign ups

Old 12-17-2021, 01:07 PM

Lstew---that wall hanging of Santa started out as a kit I bought at thrift store. the backing material as supposed to be sewn to sides of Santa panel and then the fabric was to be sewn into a pillowcase but since i had embroidered a set of pillowcases for you i decided to make it into a wall hanging instead.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:16 AM

Hello everyone, I love joining this swap and have been in it for a number of years, however this year has proven to be the worst year for me in my readiness and attention to detail. As with many, there has been a lot going on. My husband and I purchased a home in Pennsylvania and we live in Maine. In traveling between the two places things get left in the wrong house.
long Story short, I have opened my Secret Santa box from “dixiedolls” and love love love it. Thank you so much for everything. I do not know how to post pictures but I got many lovely items,

coffee cup with coffee packet, beautiful batik fabric in my favorite colors, yummies for my fur babies, magazines and so much more. Dee really went above and beyond in her quest to get things I had put on my information page.

that being said it is important and extremely helpful to complete the questionnaire in the beginning.

Thank you thank you thank you for all her make this swap happen and for all those who participate. I hope everyone has a merry and safe CHRISTMAS.

Last edited by mosher92; 12-18-2021 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2021, 08:51 AM

Default help posting a picture

Hi, everyone I finally got back from my trip and this is what Caroline sent me. She really fooled me this year, her and Terri and her daughter worked together to make a big surprise for me. attached is the picture. Caroline knows that I love batiks and she sent me a fat quarter package from MSQ of Purple batiks, 5 yards of blue green colors of batiks, a nut cracker, candy of England and much much, more as you can see in the picture. Caroline thank you so, so much I love it all, sorry I could not be on the video for opening hopefully we will be able to hook up soon on zoom. Hope everyone had a great SS gift to open and I will check out your post and make some comments later. Caroline Love you to the moon and back, you are the best friend a person could have.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:20 AM

glad you like everything Merry Christmas
Old 12-19-2021, 06:24 AM

I must say thank you to my Secret Santa! There was not a board name on the card for me to send her a Thank You Pm and all I know is her name is Shannon. Thank you for the great package I love the fabric patterns and buttons and the other goodies. If you have a picture and would like to post it that would be great. Someday again I will get the technology to be able to post them again. Again thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

Ginger
Old 12-19-2021, 07:45 AM

Hi everyone, sorry I ve been mia but it s been crazy this past month. I don t want to go in detail but I ve been through a tough time. Anyways, I did open my ss gift a little while but in all the confusion I did loose the board name of my exchange partner so I can t send her a special thank you message, all I remember is her name in Jennifer and she lives somewhere in Southern Ontario. She sent color catchers which I can never find around here as well as nice fat quarters and some goodies. Don t know how she knew I love vintage embroideries but thank you thank you Jennifer and Merry Christmas everyone!!! Annette
Old 12-20-2021, 06:22 PM

I totally forgot to open my present yesterday and I was out of town Saturday. Therefore I am opening it now.
Will return with oooos and aaaahhhhs
Old 12-20-2021, 06:59 PM

Oh wow 😮! Quilting Dragon you are awesome!
I got scented pens, embroidery scissors, fuzzy socks, binding clips and I think bobbin holders. Hershey’s mini candies, the cats love their treats! I can’t wait to put the organizer to use. I’m thinking my marking pens, hem gauges and seam rippers in it because they always fall to the bottom of the drawer. The fat quarters are beautiful! I got a little plastic tool that I’m not sure what it is. I thought maybe a citrus peeler but this has a slit in one end and the other end is flat.
Unfortunately the second box has not yet arrived but I know it will be awesome!
Thank you so much!
Y’all have a very merry and joyous holiday season.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:49 PM

That little plastic tool is for pushing points in things. Like if you are stuffing something and you need to get it to the point or just turning something rightside out and need to get the point. I think they are called "purple thang" or something like that.

Originally Posted by Leota View Post
Oh wow 😮! Quilting Dragon you are awesome!
I got scented pens, embroidery scissors, fuzzy socks, binding clips and I think bobbin holders. Hershey’s mini candies, the cats love their treats! I can’t wait to put the organizer to use. I’m thinking my marking pens, hem gauges and seam rippers in it because they always fall to the bottom of the drawer. The fat quarters are beautiful! I got a little plastic tool that I’m not sure what it is. I thought maybe a citrus peeler but this has a slit in one end and the other end is flat.
Unfortunately the second box has not yet arrived but I know it will be awesome!
Thank you so much!
Y’all have a very merry and joyous holiday season.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
Lstew---that wall hanging of Santa started out as a kit I bought at thrift store. the backing material as supposed to be sewn to sides of Santa panel and then the fabric was to be sewn into a pillowcase but since i had embroidered a set of pillowcases for you i decided to make it into a wall hanging instead.
The wall hanging is a perfect addition to my Christmas decorations. I love decorating with home made gifts. I have a tree decorated only with homemade gifts. The wall hanging will fit that room perfectly. Thank you