Pony Club Thread 3

Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Is anyone planning on doing the Merry Mayhem one day mystery quilt this year? I've printed out the directions but as yet have not pulled the fabrics from my stash.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:10 PM

I'm not. I don't seem to have anytime to do anything other than work on sewing machines.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:12 PM

I have too many UFOs to choose from if and when I sew again. Still more problems than a dog has fleas.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:44 PM

I have to say that I actually worked on a sewing machine yesterday & today. Just a couple of hours each of the 2 days but it was nice to get back in the saddle again. I also drove a bit yesterday. I know that doesn't sound like a much but I'm telling ya'll that this Covid fatigue is sure hanging round.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:52 AM

Happy to know you are up and going Dublb after Covid.

May everyone have a very merry Merry Christmas, a joyous time for family joys, and love of the children.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:53 AM

Merry Christmas all! I visited my sons and grandchildren yesterday. I was so tired when I got home, but I was glad to be with family, share a meal, share songs, share prayer, conversation, and the joy of Christ's birth another time.

Julia, My favorite machine is my Singer RedEye. Those old machines do work so smoothly and nice.

dublb,, I hope you don't get the 'long' covid, but that you are right as rain soon. It's great that you've recovered and have the natural immunity now, with your family members. It so much better than a vaccination.

QNS and Jeanie, it's such a bother when major house problems arise! But think of all the time when the appliances, etc. were working good, and that's what we can be grateful for.
My health isn't good. I'm grateful for all the days when it was good!

The Lord blessed me so many times, with so much. You get a hug from your child, or a smile from your grandchild, and you know that all you strove for in all your life never meant as much as love.

I encourage you to grasp what is eternal while you have the moment in life to do so. Life is short, and the day we go we must have decided for or against Jesus and what he did on the cross in dying for our sins and making a way for us to be in fellowship with God.

Last edited by givio; 12-25-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-25-2021, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Merry Christmas all! I visited my sons and grandchildren yesterday. I was so tired when I got home, but I was glad to be with family, share a meal, share songs, share prayer, conversation, and the joy of Christ's birth another time.

Julia, My favorite machine is my Singer RedEye. Those old machines do work so smoothly and nice.

dublb,, I hope you don't get the 'long' covid, but that you are right as rain soon. It's great that you've recovered and have the natural immunity now, with your family members. It so much better than a vaccination.

QNS and Jeanie, it's such a bother when major house problems arise! But think of all the time when the appliances, etc. were working good, and that's what we can be grateful for.
My health isn't good. I'm grateful for all the days when it was good!

The Lord blessed me so many times, with so much. You get a hug from your child, or a smile from your grandchild, and you know that all you strove for in all your life never meant as much as love.

I encourage you to grasp what is eternal while you have the moment in life to do so. Life is short, and the day we go we must have decided for or against Jesus and what he did on the cross in dying for our sins and making a way for us to be in fellowship with God.
Beautiful sentiment, Giv... A peaceful, merry Christmas to all of us! And may we have hearts full of thankfulness. We have so much!

Hubby and I are home alone this Christmas. It's been lovely. We made a mini version of the usual feast, cooking a ham, squash and green bean casseroles, and a pan of scalloped potatoes. I left it until today to cook it, but Charles helped me with all the prep work and it was fun. He said he learned a lot, too. That was the first time we have really cooked together... Wont be the last! Now to enjoy yummy leftovers for days.

I'm stuffed to the gills and feeling sleepy. I think a Christmas nap may be in order.
Hope you are all happy and well today.
Bonnie
Old 12-25-2021, 05:20 PM

Oh Givo I love your comment about grasping the eternal! It is so nice to hear that ya had a good time w/your family.
Sewbizgirl how fun for you & your DH!
We went to DD's house for Christmas dinner today. Her DH smoked a brisket over night. Not our traditional Christmas meal but it was good.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:29 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone! We had just about half of our family today, so there were six of us. We also had ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted green beans, pasta salad and home made whole wheat rolls and potato rolls. I had made a couple of candies, and cookies, and the kids brought some deserts too.

I was bad this year, and did not feel like putting up our tree. So much work to put up and take down! I think I am really feeling my age! So I just used a wooden tree with lights that my brother-in-law made. I did pull out the tablecloths and table runners I had made in the past to liven it up a little bit.

One of my daughters came over around noon to help with the food, and we ate around 3:30. It was a great unhurried day!
Old 12-30-2021, 07:33 AM

So glad to hear everyone had a good Christ*day with family and love. Givio, I agree nothing is possible without the Creator's help from above. He has certainly guided my life, and gives us new hope in the New Year. Sorry to hear your health is not the best. Sadly, neither is my brother's health...but he says he is ready to go to his eternal rest. I see his pain, and refuse to stand in his way. Yes, I will morn his passing, but will remember all the good memories with him. He is 13 months older than I am.

Finally found a new refrigerator and have it installed; the water lines are currently working and not leaking. Big storm coming in the night on the 1st night of the new year...with luck it will past North of us. Or it will hit us with 6 inches of snow. Time will tell the tale. Maybe I will sew that day.