Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2022- What are your quilting goals? >

2022- What are your quilting goals?

2022- What are your quilting goals?

Old 12-22-2021, 04:24 AM

Mkotch, I just got my machine back from having it service and cleaned. I dropped it off just before Thanksgiving and just got it back last Friday…not the most opportune time but luckily I had another machine to work on Christmas projects. These days (blaming it on Covid) you have to take the slots available and anticipate most things take longer than usual.

Rob, you certainly have quite a list of goals for 2022, surely enough to keep you busy. I have been motivated by your your declutter and organization posts this past year. I look forward to your projects and progress. Like you, I always try to learn one new technique or skill each year. This year I am going to challenge myself with reverse appliqué.

As far as other goals, I have about half of a king size quilt pieced for myself and need to get the other half finished. I have already painted our bedroom and replaced the carpet with hardwood in preparation for a new quilt…
Old 12-22-2021, 05:04 AM

1. Finish the rail fence quilt I am working on now
2. Make quilts for my nephews (made for my nieces this year)
3. Make a Christmas quilt
4. do something with the hand-sewn blocks (2 quilts worth) my great-grandmother made
5. just continue to get better and more accurate
Old 12-22-2021, 07:11 AM

I want to push myself to achieve more in my quilting.
To work and finish my in progress quilting projects.
To learn more in my quilting world.
To become better and more knowledge in new things
To have a better year than last as I have faced health issues that have left me with not a lot of confidence in my quilting and have lost or misplaced my energy and will to get back into quilting.

To renew my love and enjoyment for the peace and comfort when making quilts and other projects.
To become a better person and make new advances in quilting.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:56 AM

My thinking is quite unique. Flimsy to me could be: it moves like feather weight silk, extremely fluid, beautiful drape. When I saw "flimsy" referring to a quilt, I immidiately guessed what it was. To me it's a perfect word: the most pliable form of a quilted/stiched quilt.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

My 2022 quilting goals are to complete everything that needs to be completed, make 3 new quilts ( maybe 4) and continue to declutter and pass on my abundance of fabrics, patterns, books and tools.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:58 PM

My goals include:
*Sew memory quilts (shirts of my dad's, backed with chicken fabric to represent my mom). This will be at least 3 quilts, possibly more depending on how things go. I purchased backing/sashing fabric today. I might have to get some solid fabric too. Not sure yet.
*Sew my aunt a quilt. She has been super supportive through this whole process. I was gifted some fabric scraps locally and there was a great piece that had a few panels of Elvis. She is an Elvis fan. (birthday is in August)
*Sew a quilt with the hustle and bustle bundle I purchased on black Friday
*I want to use my new accuquilt/cut some blocks and try out some curved blocks (I'm excited to use it for those specifically)
*continue to sew charity quilts/meet up and deliver the tops I've made and collect more fabric
*Finish quilt from the first quilting class I took about 12 years ago. I dug it out today. It was so busy visually I need to add some sashing so I picked up fabric to use for that.
*I'd also love to pick up a FQ bundle and the Tula Pink City Sampler book and work through that to improve my skills.
*Finish the basement so the girls each have their own room and I can use the 2nd upstairs bedroom for my studio space.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:24 PM

I would like to get back to a needle turn appliqué. I came to a stop when I got to the borders. Also have a paper piece quilt given to me. I have 4 of 12 blocks done on this one. Then plenty of donation quilts to use some of my stash. Whatever distractions come along will surely mess with these plans but, I’ll deal with it as it comes
Old 12-24-2021, 05:25 AM

Since I still work 3 days per week, I've found making a list of 12 goals and the stage they are currently or what's required to finish them (ex: add borders, quilt and bind etc) helps keep me on track. But I also throw in new things during the year. I actually get more done than is on the list and it feels great to cross one of those items off the list. Some projects are large and take more than a month and other are smaller taking up less of my time. If I don't get everything off my list, it just gets added to the top of next years list. It's keep me on track for the past few years and I've finished most that were on my list without moving any to next years. BTW This list is posted on the door so I see it every time I go in or out of my studio. Keeping the list in my face has helped too:-)
Old 12-24-2021, 12:48 PM

I want to finish a quilt I started 3 years ago.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:21 PM

Lena; I love your attitude. I think this is how a look at goals. In my faith I'd say, "With the Lord willing," etc.

Greg; I think it's wise to focus attention on 1 goal