Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-23-2021, 10:39 AM

Sandra-P, thank you for sharing your thoughts and that special recipe!

(I'm kind of antsy to see what the next clue will be. Do we think it's aqua time?)
Old 12-23-2021, 12:58 PM

I'm guessing neutral strings with a hint to decide on an aqua it's coming soon idea. Finally finished the HST's today. Ready for Monday. If memory serves me right, between Christmas and New Year's it's an easy one.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I'm guessing neutral strings with a hint to decide on an aqua it's coming soon idea. Finally finished the HST's today. Ready for Monday. If memory serves me right, between Christmas and New Year's it's an easy one.
Great prediction. I agree.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:45 PM

Still plugging away at my usual snail's pace. My goal is to make enough of each clue to be sure I understand the instructions and get an idea of how my colors are working. Aiming at doing maybe a half size this time, but time will tell. I may end up liking it too much to stop at a smaller version. I am just amazed at how you all are able to complete all of these units! My first Bonnie MQ was Frolic and I really enjoyed the MQ process. I did finish it and then did last year's, also. Slow and steady, that is me!
Old 12-23-2021, 02:48 PM

Thank you to everyone for the responses to my posts! I am glad I could make someone smile. I too am wondering what is next. I am finished with about 25 extra of the last clue. I got a little carried away and was not doing well with counting but they are there and squared up and ready. I am wondering, has everyone chosen only one fabric for aqua as Bonnie suggested? I did as I am not very brave but was just wondering what everyone else did.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:59 PM

I chose one aqua -- one of the grunges. I believe it is 'pool' (I had fun looking at aquas on Etsy).
Old 12-23-2021, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I chose one aqua -- one of the grunges. I believe it is 'pool' (I had fun looking at aquas on Etsy).
I choose one fabric, but it is more teal. Moody Bloom by Create Joy for Moda in the Her Garden design in teal. Saw it the LQS and fell in love even though it may be too dark and have too much pattern.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:02 PM

Sandra-P, I almost always make extra here and there. In the end, I usually make a little more to make a pillow sham or I improvise and create my own pattern sham with the same fabrics. I didn't choose an aqua as a constant. My white is my constant. I am going with brights and using green as my burgundy and blue as my aqua. I figure it will look like a spring quilt
Old 12-24-2021, 03:15 AM

Oh my gosh Toverly, I can hardly wait to see what yours will look like. Please share it with us. Great idea about making a pillow out of the extras. I may make a few extra of each and do that. What a fun adventure this is.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:07 AM

Toverly, can’t wait to see the different colors in yours.

Here’s tohoping you guys are right and we get a look at that aqua. Mine will be green rather than aqua, but I’m undecided between four different greens so I might be asking for some help deciding. In the meantime, here’s a sample of clue 4. I made more than I need, but I’m sure I’ll find a home for the rest.

Sorry, but I couldn’t upload the photo. I’ll try later from another computer.