Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-24-2021, 07:25 AM

I had a fun long day baking yesterday with my friend and I am about to go into the sewing room. Only one cup of coffee in me so far but I think this may be that productive day I was hoping for!
Old 12-24-2021, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I forgot that Bonnie said to use just one aqua. Thanks for the reminder. That means I'm going to have to search my stash. I think I enough of one but if not I'll run over to Etsy. Wish I had thought about it sooner!!
Old 12-24-2021, 07:54 AM

After a whole bunch of tries, I am finally able to get this photo up. Then off to run some errands, and wrap a few more gifts!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RT Clue 4.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	636952  
Old 12-24-2021, 02:15 PM

As I sometimes say -- rargle snargle! I am alternating between laughing and slapping myself on the head -- apparently this step was taking me so long because I had twice the number of pieces I needed. It became immediately apparent as I pressed my first set... had I only done that days ago...

I double counted my counts -- but I didn't double check my math/clue!!

Oh well, I have a bunch of coordinated HST for something else, maybe even the Quiltmaker magazine project.

Anyway -- the task doesn't seem so daunting any more. Just me and hubby and Bernie the sewing machine. The iron doesn't have a name but will be another key component.
Old 12-25-2021, 04:29 AM

My count is way off on week 2. I think I cut double. Hopefully similar sizes are used elsewhere in the quilt.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:09 AM

Have you ever started something then wished you hadn't? That was me. I decided to get my craft room straightened up and what a mess I had. It was one of those moments where I looked about the room and wished I would have left it as it was. Anyway, 4 hours later it is much better. I had to get the vacuum out, dust rags, a big bag of rubbish items and I feel much better now. I still have to get my fabric stashes refolded and arraigned neatly but that will be easy. I have so many little bags of scraps to go through and decide whether to keep or toss, I found so many items I forgot I had. Now just have to put up some new shelves to have things where I can see them. I guess this is my form of "Boxing Day" Getting rid of stuff to make room for new.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:53 AM

Good job, Sandra-P. It always looks like the room explodes whenever I organize. That's a great way to start the new year! Happy New Year!
Old 12-26-2021, 06:48 AM

Good going, Sandra-P, I hate that "exploded" stage.

Yay me too, I've gotten all the hourglass units sewn and pressed and will trim today. It was much faster only doing what I needed to do. I'm considering my extra HST units as my Christmas present, and here I thought I wasn't getting anything for myself this year...

We didn't get a super amount of snow yesterday, our elevation is relatively low, but we have an inch or two on the ground. Seattle completely shuts down with any snow at all, so it will be a good day to be playing with fabric.

Next clue comes tomorrow!
Old 12-26-2021, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

woodlandcreature- your blocks look great!
SandraP- I hear ya. My room looks like a tornado hit. I need to get it under control. You'll be glad you got yours a bit organized.
Seems more than one of us cut too many of this clue. (as if we didn't already have a ton to do!haha).
We had a rainy Christmas. I'd much rather see snow.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:39 AM

SandraP: I desperately need to reorganize my sewing space. We have a very large, very well lit, and very dry basement, and that is where everything is set up. But it got put together haphazardly, starting with just the fabric on a shelf, then I moved the sewing machine down there, etc. etc., and now it's pretty much out of control. I have the entire week off, so I was planning to do it this week, but you may have just given me what I needed to actually get started!