Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 6600 "Stop for Safety Purpose" >

Janome 6600 "Stop for Safety Purpose"

Janome 6600 "Stop for Safety Purpose"

Old 12-25-2021, 01:15 PM

Default Janome 6600 "Stop for Safety Purpose"

Hi, I have a 6600p that I have a "Stop for Safety Purpose" error code. I removed the top, bottom, end and back covers and have cleaned the machine from one end to the other. Checked to make sure there is no thread raped around the tread up linkage or the shaft, oiled all the bushing to make sure the fly wheel turns freely and cleaned both of the sensors with alcohol. I also tried three different pedals and the start stop switch. The strange thing is, you turn the machine on; it starts normal and centers the needle. You hit the start button, needle up/down or pedal, the error code comes up and the needle doesn't move. Take your hand or foot off the pedal or button, 5 or 10 seconds later the error goes away and the normal screen comes up. I'm beginning to think it might be the motor or maybe even the A board. I did remove the belt to see if the motor made any attempt to turn, but it didn't. I work on machines as a hobby, but this one has me stumped. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks
Old 12-25-2021, 04:16 PM

I have gotten that error before - a few times. I turned off the machine and turned it back on - then everything was fine. Sorry I am no help. I just wanted to let you know that I have seen that error
Old 12-25-2021, 04:17 PM
mkc

I have gotten that error message once on my 7700. When I checked, the bobbin thread was jammed up (I was also sewing some very thick seams - drapery pleats). Check your bobbin case for jamming and also try a new needle. I think the machine senses a jam (motor torque too high) and throws that error.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:45 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

You could also try looking for a stray piece of thread in the bobbin winding mechanism.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:52 AM

Page 92 of my owners manual says to check the feed dogs, the bobbin winder, and any threads around the thread cutter in the bobbin area. It also says turn off and wait 15 seconds before turning back on.
If that doesn't do it, I would take in for service.
Good luck. the 6600 generally has very few issues.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:01 AM

I too have gotten that error message on my 8900 QCP. I just pop the needle plate and click it back in and that "fixes: it.