Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-26-2021, 08:56 AM

Coffee break! Coincides with being half done with my trimming.

The snow is coming down hard now, hubby made a disgusted noise and went back to bed. He's not feeling great, I might have to get him tested before he goes back to work... Even though we don't celebrate the holiday, I do like Christmas music. Hubby is entirely bah humbug so just as well he is in the back end of the house because I have the stereo loaded with seasonal songs.

This is one of my favorite "modern" songs, so complete with guitars and such -- Goo Goo Dolls, "Better Days"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kHleNYIDc

For more traditional, I love the a capella (no instruments) group, Pentatonix. All sorts of ways to bring up music channels/Christmas featuring them. They do an awesome version of "Mary Did You Know", but here is "That's Christmas to Me" (I've got that Christmas song in my heart)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjdfjrtf1Q

And back to the more modern, I've always enjoyed the Very Special Christmas specials and albums, fundraisers for Special Olympics. For those of us that don't have a traditional celebration, it is a song for us. This one is from VSC 3, Blues Traveler with "Christmas"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGiQBLLuiE

If it’s Hanukah or Kwanza
Solstice, Harvest, or December 25th
Peace on Earth to everyone
And abundance to everyone you’re with

Old 12-26-2021, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
For more traditional, I love the a capella (no instruments) group, Pentatonix.[/i]
If you like a capella, you might enjoy Straight No Chaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8
Old 12-26-2021, 12:02 PM

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas. We had only half of our gang here, but it was very nice!

I will have 160 units complete as soon as I trim the last 40 I did, then need to cut the rest and proceed!!! I am also wondering what "chore" Bonnie will have for us tomorrow. She certainly keeps us on our toes!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Keep in mind that this is a more traditional pudding, nothing like Jello pudding. It is steamed in a double boiler
Cranberry Pudding 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp soda, 1/2 teas salt, 1/2 c boiling water, 1/2 c molasses, 2 c cranberries, 1/2 flour. Into a greased double boiler mix the first 5 ingredients in order given, then add the cranberries which have been cut in halves and mixed with 1/2 c flour. Steam in double boiler for 3 hours. Turn pudding onto a platter. For sauce it is 1 c butter, 1 c brown sugar, 1 c heavy cream. Make sauce by creaming sugar and butter together in saucepan and slowly add cream and heat on stove. Serve sauce separately. Serves 6-8.
I will be trying this for sure! I made a traditional Christmas pudding - yes, including beef suet - for years, but have not made it in at least 5 years as nobody but my husband and I are here to eat it anymore. It had raisins, dates and walnuts. As I love cranberries, this one sounds wonderful.

I'm done with clues 1 - 3, have a dozen of step 4 done and all the rest have the first pass through the sewing machine done - just have to get those two halves of the squares put together. Unfortunately, I'll be going into the next step behind.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:58 PM

I still need to trim but I have all the clue 4 blocks done. Yay! I am ready for clue 5. How many clues can we expect? My memory says things will ramp up and we should be done soon. I have to say what I have done doesn’t seem all that substantial and I have all the required blocks done.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:09 PM

We had another family gathering (my siblings) tonight at my sister's house. So, I am not finished with Clue 4. I am not worried though, I will use the rest of the Clue 4 blocks as my leader/ender for Clue 5. I have been using my Blue Ridge Beauty 4 patches as my leader/ender so far in the process! Onward Ho!!!
Old 12-27-2021, 05:42 AM

Well I didn't see this one coming -- clue 5 and more pink!

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2021...part-five.html
Old 12-27-2021, 06:04 AM

We are in the Pink !!!!! (Some of us, anyway)

On a bit of an overcast day and our very last week in December , a Welcome Treat

😊 Thanks to all of you for the anecdotes, hints , greetings especially during the last few days.
Now 2021 Christmas , hopefully had some good cheer and love for all.

Thank you again Ice Blossom for being the leader of this thread.

👋 time for piecing my sample block(s).
Old 12-27-2021, 06:11 AM

I have the Accuquilt Cube and Companion Set-Corners, but did not think I would need the Companion Set -Angles. Then, I broke down and got two of the dies in the set, then another.

I held off on the last die, the trapezoid. It called to me. Apparently, I heeded the call last summer and bought it, but completely forgot about it. So I bought it again a few weeks ago and had to do a return. Now, at least I can finally use it!

And Bonnie mentioned that aqua is coming!
Old 12-27-2021, 06:24 AM

oh my, another clue and I haven't started the first yet. Just been printing them off. But, today I am snowed in. Looks like about 5-6 inches of snow out there and more to come. I will need to boot and mitten up a few times today to shovel a bit for my short little dog but I am not going anywhere else. My snow plow man will come when this white out stops and clear my driveway and walk for me But...until then, I am going to get my cutter out and get at this mystery! Don't have a die for the last clue but do for the rest of them. Wonder how much cutting I can get done today?