Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing table/cabinet >

Sewing table/cabinet

Sewing table/cabinet

Old 12-27-2021, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Much to my surprise hubby bought me one for christmas. He is putting it together today. I am happy he is supporting my quilting and sewing habit, but like I said, very surprised he would think to buy this. It is the Aussie II. Purchased on Amazon.
When I was first learning to sew, I learned on a cabinet model singer. It was a level with the drop in desk. It was much easier to do any type sewing. This will be my first return to that configuration, and I am happy about it. We will see how it changes my sewing.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:07 AM

Default Can't find one that fits

I have a Babylock Jazz and I am not finding a table that will fit. The Jazz has a 12 inch throat and is 26 inches long. I am using a 4 foot folding table but it is way too bouncy. At this point I don't care if the table has the machine drop or not.

Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
Old 12-30-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
I have a Babylock Jazz and I am not finding a table that will fit. The Jazz has a 12 inch throat and is 26 inches long. I am using a 4 foot folding table but it is way too bouncy. At this point I don't care if the table has the machine drop or not.

Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
maybe look for a used very sturdy kitchen or dining room table? The ones with four sturdy legs. Or an old heavy desk? Those are the only types of furniture these days that do not bounce around. I have an old sturdy library table I have used and also a old mahogany desk. If they have wooden legs maybe you could get someone to them off so it is the right height if you get one of those surround tables or an office chair maybe will be able to adjust to a good height for you. Also thinking some longarm companies sell their machines fitted to a sit down table. Maybe check and see if one of those would work?
Old 12-30-2021, 01:09 PM

I don't have the space in my ever clutters sewing room for a great sewing table. Reading all the post ahead of this gives so much information that maybe some day I will have one of these super tables.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:30 AM

Default Arrow or Horn

I've had to relocate my quilt room. It's in my bedroom, a much smaller space. I need a new table and want it to have some storage, too.

Looking at Arrow and Horn - the smaller ones, but definitely want the auto lift feature.

Has anybody looked at both Arrow and Horn and what did you decide on? Why?

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2023, 03:31 AM

I have an old farm table, you know the kind, dark green legs with an oak top. Asked my husband to make it into a drop in for me. My machine does fit, but barely. Seems that cutting into oak was not his thing to do without a lot of cussing and chopping it in various places. But the machine in in there, and for me it works. My sewing room is small and so there wasn't the room for a fancy table.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:53 PM

I use a heavy old $10 desk from an office. No shimmy or jumping around. Good area on both sides. A door on both sides that open to 2 shelves. I only wish shelves were drawers.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:18 PM

Default Sewing Table/cabinet

Do you have a high school near you that has a wood shop class? If so, why not get them to build you want you want in a sewing cabinet.