Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Spent most of the day sorting/ cleaning >

Spent most of the day sorting/ cleaning

Spent most of the day sorting/ cleaning

Old 01-01-2022, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Oh irish, I love the dianthus you have in your profile pic. It smells heavenly when I buy it for summer.

Has anyone tried selling some of the fabric or patterns as an incentive?
Old 01-02-2022, 10:49 PM

Do any of you ever watch "Hoarding" on TV? It always makes me want to go donate or toss something.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:58 AM

ckcowel, doesn't it feel good to take on such a big and personal task and to make so much progress in just one day!. Oh, we can kick ourselves for not doing it sooner, but to do it, just do it now is an accomplishment. Three cheers for you!

Cleaning out and cleaning up is good for the soul, good for our mental state and good for our financial well being. One of the benefits of the COVID pandemic for me has been a refocusing on using what is at hand and getting rid of what is just "stuff". Much I just used for donation quilts, some was given away because I simply did not like the fabric and books I would honestly never use all moved on to others who could use them.

Be encouraged all of you organizers and "cleaner outers". You are not alone and we all rejoice in each others successes. Hip hip hooray, Hip hip hooray, Hip hip hooray,
Old 01-05-2022, 06:59 AM

Iceblossom- best wishes for a great move- sounds both exciting and scary!

As y'all know, I decided to join the Just Get it Done challenge this year on the Just Get it Done quilts Youtube Chanel. I decided that since my quilting studio is in pretty good shape, that I would use the prompts each day to focus on problem areas even if they aren't related to quilting.
Yesterday I did the 4th day of the Just Get it Done challenge- it was books- I found 6 books to let go and they are in the donate pile! Realistically, there are a lot more, but I'm going to be content with just finding 5 or 6 books at a time to remove from my in home library. Trying to send more than that out into the world is too traumatic for me to do all at once LOL!

Today the challenge is to look at patterns- I'm going to extend that to include recipes that I've got stored on my computer and also those that I've printed- realistically- I'm not going to make any of those and I can always download them again if I decide I want to. I am also going to look through my printed out patterns from all the Craftsy courses I took over the years to see if I really need/want to devote storage space to them. Both those tasks should only take me a half hour or so!

If I have time after doing that and after getting a little quilting in, then I'm going to go through the plastic food storage bins in our kitchen and toss/recycle any that don't have lids. That will make room for the new ones I gave to DH for Christmas.

What's everyone planning on organizing today?

Rob
Old 01-06-2022, 06:50 AM

Default Above message

Can this post please be deleted?
Old 01-14-2022, 03:56 AM

I have about 10 binders chocked full of patterns and pictures of idea's that I need to clean out and get rid of. There's no way in Gods little greeen earth I will ever make the vast majority of them. I'll either give them to DAV or take them to the recycling center. I also have been ordering small pieces of fabric off Facebook that I need to cut into strips, 2 1/2" square and 5" squares, so I'll see how much of that I can get done also.