Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lone Star quilt tips needed >

Lone Star quilt tips needed

Lone Star quilt tips needed

Old 01-08-2022, 12:04 AM

I've made several lone star quilts. The key is to starch, press do not iron, mark & pin. There is no room for any mistakes when making a lone star. Measurements must be precise or it will throw off the points, which is why many find a lone star very challenging.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:13 AM

These are all tips I've seen from the videos I've watched. The Donna Jordan video didn't mention marking...she just said to slide the tip of the fabric up...and well you know how that turned out. Definitely will be marking and already have my fabric starched. I'm ready to give it another try!
Old 01-08-2022, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
These are all tips I've seen from the videos I've watched. The Donna Jordan video didn't mention marking...she just said to slide the tip of the fabric up...and well you know how that turned out. Definitely will be marking and already have my fabric starched. I'm ready to give it another try!
Marking takes longer, but I find I rip out less if I mark when doing a lone star quilt. If you mark you can stick your pin thru the mark(s) one piece & into the other & it's lined up.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
Marking takes longer, but I find I rip out less if I mark when doing a lone star quilt. If you mark you can stick your pin thru the mark(s) one piece & into the other & it's lined up.
Makes sense, I'll definitely be trying that method!