Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Start Out the New Year with the January 2022 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close 12/31 >

Start Out the New Year with the January 2022 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close 12/31

Start Out the New Year with the January 2022 Secret Pal Swap - Signups close 12/31

Old 01-07-2022, 02:32 PM

Good to have you back LaQuita.
M y secret pal package went out today, expected to be delivered on Monday.

Wanted to give a status update on my mom. Her salvage mastectomy went well. She pulled through and they grafted a 8X10 piece of skin from her right thigh to close her surgery area. Her spirits are good. In 6 weeks she will restart chemo.

I appreciate everyone asking about her.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:42 PM

How is everyone?
Old 01-10-2022, 05:56 PM

Posting for LaQuita:
Look at what I got today! It’s a wool appliquérs dream box! It was from Kathy and I love it all, thank you so much.
LaQuita
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	637240  
Old 01-11-2022, 06:05 AM

Good Morning, I'm still waiting for one item to come in for my Secret Pal before sending out the package. It has a long way to go.

I want to say that this month's swap has been a big help to me. On December 28th, our son passed away. Although we are still waiting for the autopsy report, we do know that he had Covid. He was one that didn't like to go to the doctor or take any type of medicine. We're hanging in there taking it day by day. His memorial will be on the 22nd.

On a happier note, I have 5 sweet baby goats from two moms and still have four moms to kid out. The world seems a little brighter when I can go out for baby goat snuggles.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

My secret pal package went out yesterday.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:36 PM

Goatmom, Iam so sorry for your loss.
Glad you are getting some baby goats.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

I received my package today from La Quita. Thank you so much Included in the package was a pattern, Note Pad, Emery Board with pin design on it. Curved Nine Patch Table Runner Kit. Beautiful 1 yard Blue and Gold Batik fabric, 1yard Gold Batik, and 1/2 yard Blue Batik, all of the fabric is beautiful. Thank you so much La Quita. My heart goes out to you at this time.

Hugs BrendaK
Old 01-12-2022, 10:07 PM
Power Poster

Goatmom, my condolences and prayers. So sorry to hear your son passed away .
Old 01-12-2022, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Goatmom View Post
Good Morning, I'm still waiting for one item to come in for my Secret Pal before sending out the package. It has a long way to go.

I want to say that this month's swap has been a big help to me. On December 28th, our son passed away. Although we are still waiting for the autopsy report, we do know that he had Covid. He was one that didn't like to go to the doctor or take any type of medicine. We're hanging in there taking it day by day. His memorial will be on the 22nd.

On a happier note, I have 5 sweet baby goats from two moms and still have four moms to kid out. The world seems a little brighter when I can go out for baby goat snuggles.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
i am so very sorry to hear you lost your son last month. I can’t think of anything to say that would be enough to express how heartbreaking that must be. Just know you are in my thoughts. I’m so glad you are able to find some comfort with your beloved goats.
hugs,
pam
Old 01-12-2022, 10:49 PM

Welcome back LaQuita and I am so sorry to hear of your loss GoatMom.

I sent my package yesterday to my secret pal. It is a closer international journey than usual but I did manage to purchase some of her most wanted (thank goodness for speedy small business owners sending things out!).