Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board. >

My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board.

My Rowenta iron just dumped all of the water on my ironing board.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:49 AM

Since it seems there are real problems with leaking irons, why can't manufacturers figure something out? They have robots out there, cars that drive themselves and whatever else. It shouldn't be that hard. Maybe it is so many of the younger generation just don't iron anymore, so not much need for irons. Scary.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

The late great Nancy Zieman had an article a little
while back about irons and water. I think there was some Technical information but recommended using water that had gone through a Brita type filter. I did that for a while with success but now back to dry iron and mister bottle.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
Maybe it is so many of the younger generation just don't iron anymore, so not much need for irons. Scary.
I don't know if it's fair to blame it on the "younger generation", and why is it scary? There are so many fabrics out there that just don't need to be ironed. The last time I bought dress shirts for my husband, that's all that was available. They come out of the dryer wrinkle-free, even after sitting overnight. Plus, our society seems to be moving away from more formal dress, especially after so many have been working from home. People are starting to value comfort and value over looks.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:05 AM

I like my Morphy Richards 'Easycharge' cordless, although I don't often use the steam function. It's quite heavy, but I like the weight, and works well for both my quilting and my regular ironing. It was about £50, so I guess $30 or so if it's available in the states.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:38 AM

I too have had trouble with the Rowenta irons. Tossed my several years ago. I like the T-Fal 1800 watt iron. Gets hot quickly, has an extra large water tank and is light weight. And doesn't leak. I have 3 of them and have had them for at least 5-6 years.