Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-14-2022, 04:50 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Well, the snow, ice and winds are headed this way. Oh, dear. Should start tomorrow evening and continue through Monday. Am hoping we don’t lose power. If you don’t here from me for a bit, you’ll know why.

A few of you have already shipped packages so the swap is becoming real! Looking forward to seeing them next week.

We’re off to babysit Charlie today. Have a great day.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:53 AM

Congratulations on the house, Terriamn! What a stroke of luck. Furniture availability here is nil. Months of waiting. I hope you find it better where you are.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:20 AM

Terri - sounds like you really lucked out on that house. Availablity of furnishing/appliances is such a downer. We ordered our appliances for our kitchen remodel way at the beginning of the project (like in July) and while the hood and range came in, the fridge and dishwasher are still on order. At least the only one that I was super particular about is the range. We might end up having to change our choices to one of what is in stock, just to have something,
Old 01-14-2022, 11:17 AM

everyone stay safe with the weather coming. I know its gonna be a very cold couple days and Monday will probably be a good one.
I will work on writing notes for my envelopes and hopefully will ship it next week.
Have a nice weekend,
Oh and I am expecting my first great granddaughter any day. Her due date was yesterday and she is ready. The babys name is Aaliyah Audrey...so excited...
Old 01-14-2022, 02:03 PM

If anything is more exciting than a grandchild, I'd guess it would be a great grandchild. Congratulations, Marcialee!

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
...Oh and I am expecting my first great granddaughter any day. Her due date was yesterday and she is ready. The babys name is Aaliyah Audrey...so excited...
For everyone, I've gone ahead and set the two galleries up. I may play with it a bit but overall it is ready, just waiting for the blocks to start showing up on the board. Also, you may notice that Hav4boys will be making two full sets of blocks again this round in Azaleas. She'll be sending two fabric choices so that means one less duplicate for everyone to make but twice as many blocks for her to sew. She can definitely do it.Thanks Hav!

Next step, individual threads for the two groups. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:07 PM

Here is my first block with my Begonia fabric.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Begonia Hav4boys.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	637311  
Old 01-14-2022, 02:09 PM

Well good thing I've just gotten the gallery ready! Neat block, Hav4boys.
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here is my first block with my Begonia fabric.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:44 PM

I forgot a couple of things.

Please, if you have not yet replied to my email, do so at your earliest convenience. It's a way for me to know you've received my email and you understand the rules.

Also, as you prepare your photos to post here, please shrink them to 200 kb or smaller for the sake of picture loading. It's not an issue on all computers,, phones or systems, but it is on some. When we are picture heavy on posts, it's better if the picture is not multiple megabytes.

Thank you!
Old 01-14-2022, 03:15 PM

Macybaby we moved into our new house in Minnesota in September, we ordered a freezer early October. After the date was moved back 3 times we cancelled it and went to a superstore that was advertising them in stock. We practically raced to the store to get in line for one. Thankfully they had received a large order and we were all able to buy one. It arrived 3 days later. Boy were we feeling lucky

H4B love your block.

Marcialee how exciting on your soon to be first grandchild
Old 01-14-2022, 11:03 PM
Power Poster

3 month April 28, 2022 Begonias
Fabric Crème Pottery Fleck Southwest
After my mother passed away my sweet gentle friend, Belinda, became my daughter’s grandmother. My girls are Mayan Indian, and Belinda has an Apache heritage. I would love to make a Native American / Southwest quilt for her. I enclosed some paint chips for colors. I especially like the turquoise type blue. I really would like to make a nice quilt for this special lady. Thank you for your help.
No solid fabric please, or other crème or white besides the pottery fleck creme.
Some ideas, Native American symbols, arrows, pottery, kokopelli, tipi, pueblo, cowboy booth, bear, horses, moose, turtle, bison, cactus, eagle, dream catcher, sun and many traditional blocks in the southwest color scheme work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220114_192722 (Small).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	637321   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220114_192730 (Small).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	637322