Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 01-13-2022, 09:57 AM

Petthefabric…oh man…I would love to go thru your antiques…lol. You are making such great progress. Good luck with the house showing.

Rob great tips…. With creativity comes the desire to keep broken things for repurposing or fixing. My DH does this but most the time, we pitch it years later. Lol.. DH is creative, too, so it makes for a deadly combination. Lol..

Last week, I downloaded all the phone pictures and am now sorting them on my computer. DH wants an album of all the house build pics plus we took pictures of walls before drywall went up so we could remember where electrical and plumbing pipes were routed…last thing we want to do is hammer away and create an issue.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:23 AM

Made lots of progress yesterday with the wandering jelly rolls. Today working on scrappy 8.5" blocks for backing. Have enough for one back so starting second. Tomorrow make a quilt sandwhich. So much to do. So much fabric. Think I'll have a snack and then sew some more...lol
Old 01-13-2022, 02:49 PM

I got a call earlier today from a friend wondering if I had any fabric with cardinal birds on it. Why yes, it happens that I have a small collection of bird fabrics including some cardinals...

Took me awhile to find them -- seriously I know the joke about the last place you look, well this was in the next to the last box. I made a bit of a mess but ended up the day slightly better organized and had fun playing with my stash.

My first set of boxes for the fabric I am keeping should be here tomorrow, I'll be able to move some stuff over.

I did find an entire box of trims and such for crazy quilts/fancy work and declared the box as a ready to be donated... I do like easy categories but I admit a few twinges along with the knowledge that yeah... I'm not really likely to ever do anything with them.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:28 AM

Containers came early and arrived last night!

I think they are going to be great, pretty much exactly the same size so should be able to transfer from cardboard to plastic pretty easily. That also means I know my arms/body can handle them easily enough even full. Translucent so I can pretty much see the color values, but I'll put on labels too. Goal is to have them on shelves and probably dark enough to interfere with seeing clearly. This brand has a little hand hold molded into the front bottom to help pull off shelves, seems minor but it was a positive consideration for me. For now though, I do need stackable which these are. Locking interchangeable lids was on my list of things.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6275.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	637298  
Old 01-14-2022, 09:39 AM

Still wrangling jelly rolls. Dug thru my printouts last night and found two patterns to use them up. Hopefully will have two quilts for show and tell next month. Break over....almost...need more lcoffee!
Old 01-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

I have three bernina's that embroider. I pulled out all of the modules today and took stock. The large extra purchased hoops were marked as to which machine they worked on and stored near that machine. Then I got into the design media. The cd's, machine card programs and the thumb drives were separated from each other and organized into their own containers. Although the CD's can be put onto a thumb drive to use that way, I felt separating them out gave a better organized system.
I also set up a table to hold my new module in the second sewing room with the Bernina 790e.
I am hoping the sewing pattern organizing goes as easily. Just waiting on the fabric boxes I ordered to arrive. I did find a nice plastic container for all of the pressing clappers and hams. They will be dust free from now on and right near the ironing board.
I am considering getting rid on most of the crochet books, yarn and tools. I so rarely do it anymore.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:01 PM

RedGarnet- that's a lot of work, but it'll pay off when you want to use those units. Well done!

Holy cow! Teen!- I'm afraid to look at the digital photos on my phone and iPad and computer...much less try to sort them. If you have a process that works, let me know. I'm completely inundated with them.

I got rid of some stuff from the closet and was able to put some things in there that had been cluttering up my shelves in the painting studio. Then I took all my gelatin print making stuff that had been crammed into a single shelf and separated it into mark making tools, stencils, texture plates, etc. and put them in labelled containers (repurposed refrigerator bins from our last fridge) and the stencils, stencil making stuff, materials to print on, etc. on the newly emptied shelf. The other re-organized things went back on their original shelf. Now I can actually grab what I want to use without having stuff fall on my head. Yay! No pics, but I've gone into that room 3 times this afternoon just to admire the newly decluttered shelves LOL!

Things are a little strange around here right now as DH developed cellulitis in his leg last week and after a weeks worth of antibiotics, his Doc decided it wasn't improving quickly enough to suit him and sent him to the er yesterday afternoon while I was in PT. They decided to do iv antibiotics and also to admit him to the hospital. Since they won't let him go until the infection has cleared, and there are no visitors allowed due to high Covid numbers in my area, we've been communicating via cell phone. No clear idea when he's going to come home and we've got a major winter storm scheduled to hit on Sunday. I'm hoping that if he's not well enough to come home tomorrow, they will keep him til Monday afternoon when the roads should be passable again....

I'm starting to feel like Rosanna Anna Danna- it's always something...

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 01-14-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:28 PM

Lol..Rob…Rosanna cracked me up. Healing vibes and prayers sent for DH. Sounds like he has a really good doctor….that profession is so overworked right now that this could have been easily overlooked due to the virus patients.

I downloaded over 2,000 pictures from mobile and I know NO easy way to sort except to drag and drop into various file folders a picture at a time. I’m deleting some as I go, too. PIA…

Redgarnet….I think the extra crap one has to get for an embroidery machine is the reason I have not bitten the bullet and invested in one yet. Sounds like you got a good handle on it, tho. Good job!

Last edited by Teen; 01-14-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
I downloaded over 2,000 pictures from mobile and I know NO easy way to sort except to drag and drop into various file folders a picture at a time. I’m deleting some as I go, too. PIA…

Rats! I was afraid you were going to say that. I am going to have to bite the bullet and deal with mine someday, but not today LOL!!!

Rob
Old 01-15-2022, 05:36 AM

Iceblossom- I love your idea with the box