Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022 >
  • VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022

• VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022

Old 01-17-2022, 03:37 PM

Got the throw I was working on quilted and sewed the binding on. Just have to do the hand sewing part.
    rryder - I used black thread and quilted clouds. Should have used thinner thread. I really admire your work.
    WMUTeach - like your donation quilt
    QuiltingVagabon - really nice work!

Hope to make the next VQW. Thanks Raggiemom for the VQW!

Last edited by Cam's gram; 01-17-2022 at 03:39 PM.
    Old 01-17-2022, 03:53 PM

quiltingvagabond--I saw you finished Harriet's Journey, way to go! I might start mine sometime this year

tallchick--wow, that's a lot of snow!

beckyboo1--just to warn you--that site has lots of interesting stencils, it can be very tempting

rryder--glad your DH is home from the hospital

I did finish two small children's quilts and pinned a quilt to work on later this week. All in all, it was a productive weekend for me. I hope you are all satisfied with your progress as well. See you all next month!

Old 01-17-2022, 04:20 PM

I got all my blocks done. Now to get sashing and borders on. Thanks for hosting again
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F8221030-6A66-42CF-B5A3-30CF00925D6B.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	637403  
    Old 01-17-2022, 07:17 PM

Rob, those quilts are beautiful. I often hear you and others talking about colorblock quilts but I wasn't honestly clear on what they entailed. After a little research, I found a Debby Brown site - is this where you got your start with this idea? I never imagined a scrappy quilt could have such cohesion - I'm sure I've stared at it for at least 10 minutes! Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Old 01-18-2022, 04:00 AM

"Still having network issues, just tried to upload a picture of a soccer ball I made and it told me the upload failed. I'll keep trying, but whatever is going on with my network needs to cool its jets".

Railroadesbrat, I am wondering if you reduced your photo before trying to upload it? I know it is the obvious, but sometimes the most simple thing will snag us and prevent us from posting photos. I save mine as jpeg, and there is a built in option to save the photo in a resized version that is "medium - good for email". I don't have problems with the "upload failed" message any more. Would just like to see your work.
    Old 01-18-2022, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gemm
    Rob, those quilts are beautiful. I often hear you and others talking about colorblock quilts but I wasn't honestly clear on what they entailed. After a little research, I found a Debby Brown site - is this where you got your start with this idea? I never imagined a scrappy quilt could have such cohesion - I'm sure I've stared at it for at least 10 minutes! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Gemm- yes, I have been using her free patterns for the Color Block quilts. She posted a link on her website to her Teachable site. You have to sign up for her "class" to get the patterns, but it's free.

In 2021 she created a pattern for each month using 16 patch "color blocks" made from 2.5' squares. It was a great way to use up those scraps. I also found it nice to have a quick to put together quilt each month that I could use to try out new to me FMQ ideas on. She is doing another one for 2022, also free. Check out her website for a link to her teachable site if you want to do that one. I'm sitting it out since I'm still trying to do all the ones from 2021 LOL!

Rob