Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 01-23-2022, 03:25 PM

SusieQOH, he just looks so sweet like that! Surely you can't disturb him.

joe's mom, your aqua is really pretty and perfect with your hour-glass units!

Sew on, everyone!
Old 01-23-2022, 04:05 PM

woodland creature, your quilt has such a crisp, dynamic look with your various shades and your sashing, and those have to be the cutest cornerstones ever! It is looking great!

SusieQOH, it looks like you've made a beautiful quilt for your niece, from what I can see around the cat, LOL.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:33 PM

SusieQOH - of course you can’t move him. You’ll just have to find something to do until he’s ready to let you continue.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:16 AM

Kitties and quilts, what could be better! Wow! I am so impressed with everyone's progress. I love all the different colors and how it is the same quilt but as unique as each person. Had a great time during the two day class. It has been over 2 years since I have been out like that and my stomach is sore from laughing so much. So good to see my friends and share that time together. Now back to the quilt today. Have my flying geese to put together and trim those squares.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:59 AM

So much work going on -- as well as cat naps!

My white fabric has still not arrived, seems like forever since I ordered it but has only been a week after all.

Hubby is back to work today, so I'm going to go clear off the bed and layout the blocks and look at my sashing options one last time and make a decision so I can get back to work myself.

No Tuesday group for me this week, our host is having a tree taken down and of course that is the day they want to do it.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:18 AM

I stayed up late finishing some aqua QSTs. It's my idea for incorporating some aqua into the quilt center, since I'm not planning on using the sashing. The idea is to put an aqua QST as the center square in the B block, and use aqua rather than the garnet squares for the setting triangles. I suppose the prudent thing would be to sew only enough B blocks to see if I think the idea works.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:48 AM

Joe's Mom - Incorporating the aqua the way you suggest seems really beautiful. I am anxious to see how it turns out.

I have 3 rows sewn together on my quilt, then found one square was turned the wrong way - UGH. So took that one out and turned it around. I was disgusted that I got it turned during the original sewing - so will put it back in place today! I am finding it easy to turn these blocks when sewing them together!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:14 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Confession

So last night I wrote a post which apparently never got sent saying I had just reached a wall and couldn’t figure out how to continue. Nothing seem to be working . I guess just writing it out helped. I decided to take it one bite at a time, the way you eat an elephant. It seems to be working. I have decided to turn it on point after all and do the setting triangles. I have to stretch myself in my skill set. I have decided to use all the same maroons to do that border across the outer edge and that does give it some calming effects. My husband said it was the sip of bourbon I took from his glass that gave me the courage to go on ! Whatever works!
Old 01-25-2022, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Terry, a sip of bourbon? I can get mine done now
Old 01-25-2022, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
So last night I wrote a post which apparently never got sent saying I had just reached a wall and couldn’t figure out how to continue. Nothing seem to be working . I guess just writing it out helped. I decided to take it one bite at a time, the way you eat an elephant. It seems to be working. I have decided to turn it on point after all and do the setting triangles. I have to stretch myself in my skill set. I have decided to use all the same maroons to do that border across the outer edge and that does give it some calming effects. My husband said it was the sip of bourbon I took from his glass that gave me the courage to go on ! Whatever works!
Terry, that is exactly how I approach the setting triangles, etc., one bite a time. I set the instructions on the bed of my sewing machine and then read the instructions and look at the diagrams, (over and over). It is so much fun when the blocks come out looking like the diagrams. Reminds me of doing a puzzle. This is just my third Bonnie MQ and I think it has honed my skills. One of the reasons I wanted to do her MQ plus stretches my color pallette. And a sip of bourbon should surely help!