Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Trouble on site >

Trouble on site

Trouble on site

Old 01-26-2022, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Default Trouble on site

The site keeps kicking me out if I try to check my name under statistics. Anyone else having trouble?
Old 01-26-2022, 12:34 PM

I just checked and mine was fine. I was able to get to my stats and go to sub categories.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:38 PM

I don't know if it is related but some days I time out super fast. Usually that happens when I am trying to check/respond to mail or threads. That is -- it usually happens when I'm not just browsing but when I'm being active/interacting with the client. I know we are time limited but I swear sometimes it is within 15 seconds and I'm kicked.

Other days I can barely move and not be logged out for long periods.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:44 PM

what does that mean, "we are time limited"?
Old 01-26-2022, 09:54 PM

I've had the screen come up that says "site has crashed" The background is black and I am seldom able to respond to PM's. I really hate computers. And five geeee is coming thats just the beginning of teouble! I do use the app & when site crashes I am not on the app.I still have problems here.
Crazy!
Old 01-27-2022, 03:49 AM

I seldom have any problems with the site, sorry my quilty friends. Take a big breath and hang in there. Technology eventually catches up and corrects the errors or flaws.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:21 AM

The only problem I seem to have is if I use my computer's 'back' arrow to go to the previous page. Sometimes it tells me that 'prefetching(?) is not allowed'.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:21 AM

For being "time limited" it depends on how you log in. As a general habit (and I admit I am a bit cautious in my browsing habits) I do not permanently log into any site, nor do I typically store passwords. I believe that with no movement (leaving the screen up without shutting down) I get kicked in about 15 minutes?? I'd have to review the current guidelines, glanced at them once when the boards changed format (2 years ago now??) and then not again. I stay on site, but I am no longer logged in and cannot post or see some of the sections like the Personal page.

The time seems to be shorter on the PM page. Maybe 5 minutes Even if it is a short (for me) message, I often get kicked back out to the general page.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Still kicked out of my name but I guess I will just have to get used to it. I cannot access any PM, so just be aware if I don’t answer, it is because I can’t.🤷‍♀️
Old 01-31-2022, 10:49 AM

I will get a message that "that action is not allowed" when I am typing a longer response to a posting. So what I have learned to do is simply copy what I have just wrote. Get out of the forum, then log back in, find the post I was responding to, hit reply, paste my response back in. It is a number of steps but is quicker than re-typing everything back in and trying to remember just what it was that I was posting.
or maybe the message is "you do not have permission to do that action" I can't remember exactly what the message is.