Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 01-30-2022, 04:54 PM

Just found this pattern from an old magazine but the Benartex still had free pattern :
https://benartex.com/fabric-gallery/...rm=rubick+cube
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RubickCube.pdf (129.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-31-2022, 04:05 AM

What a good pattern to "eat up" 2.5's, Travelinggramma. Thanks for the post. It would look good scrappy or in Christmas fabrics or black and white with a pop of colors for the crossed "ribbons". Thanks.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:58 AM

January has moved along SOOOO SLOOOWLY! I am ready to hear what the ground hog has in store for us.

Travelinggramma, that Rubric's Cube is a great pattern for our candies!! Thank you for the link. I will wander over to the Debbie Brown website soon. Thank you for the referral, WMUteach.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:13 PM

I know it's not the groundhog's fault, but this week is giving me major anxiety! We are suppose to fly to Florida on Thursday in the middle of a major storm that could drop 18" in our area. Our airline reached out and told us we could reschedule without charges. I think it's better to cut the trip shorter but know we have a seat. The hubby and I will talk about it tonight. I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemons -- during the storm I can get lots of work done on a quilt I'm making for an April Bridal Shower.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:49 AM

First day of February! Woozers, the year is 1/12 over. How about a contest to warm up our February and to distract us from snow and ice storms?
PM me your responses to the five questions below about our unimportant holiday to celebrate the prognostication of an oversized rodent and win a prize. The first one with all correct answers wins.something for your quilting pleasure. (No, I am not going to send you more 2.5's.or anything about groundhogs.)

1. Which ancient Christian winter celebration morphed into Ground Hog Day?
2. What animal long ago was used to predict the end of winter in Germany?
3. When was the first time Groundhog Day was celebrated in the United States.
4. When was the movie Groundhog Day released? Who were the “stars” beyond the that over sized rodent?
5. Name two other cities in the US that have an office weather predicting Groundhog Day and celebration.

Bonus: Provide one strange fact about groundhogs or the celebration of Groundhog Day.

Have fun searching for Groundhog day trivia!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	groundhog-day.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	637718  
Old 02-02-2022, 11:57 AM

and here is a free 2022 BOM featuring a lot of candies..... https://abyquilts.wordpress.com/favorites-bom-qal/

Old 02-02-2022, 05:15 PM

ibex94, are you going to take this one on? My list is so long already and it is only February 2 I don't think I can tackle it.. It is a lovely quilt and the colors are so soft but not light.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Ibex, that's a very pretty quilt. I have another BOM pattern I've been hanging on to for 2-3 years and still haven't gotten to!
Old 02-03-2022, 03:15 PM

I have a problem.... my eyes are bigger than my time. So I look and collect what appeals to me. I like the friendship medallion in that first block for the Abyquilts BOM. I might give that a shot. I have no time to do much right now. I'm still working on cutting my candies for the year!

In my quest to find perfect fabric for candies, I've been doing the burn test on some of the older fabrics I've been pulling out of my stash. They burn like cotton, smell like cotton, ash like cotton, but are stiff because of the ink being used, I suspect. I am not going to send them for the birthday candies because that stiffness annoys me. However, I am cutting some up just in case because the occasional stiff candy will not impact a nicely quilted quilt too much. Playing with my stash has been eating into my quilting time. I still need to take my machine in to get serviced, too.

So am I going to try to make the Abyquilts BOM? That is a strong, maybe.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:23 PM

Ibex94, I and I should say we appreciate your attention to detail. But please, don't lose your precious quilting time seeking the perfect fabric for your 2.5s. My wish is that this would be joyful for you and not a burden. We will like what ever your send. I bet we all have some "clunkers" in our stash that have been donated to use or that have been around for a while. I know I do, I just pass them by. Eventually they will rise to the surface and disappear into dog beds or what ever.

Last Call for Groundhog Content fun! Got some good contradictory answers.
I will post the winner and the fun facts tomorrow. My Michigan Groundhog postponed the celebration until Saturday. It was too cold to come out to check for shadows yesterday, so it was reported.. OOPs, there is one of the answers. Tee-Hee-Hee!