2022 UFO challenge

Old 02-01-2022, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
jmoore: I’m sure your neighbor and her fur babies were delighted with your help.

Rebaquilts: Congratulations on your quilt of valor finish. It’s awesome that you were able to print the photo. Great idea to have someone quilt your Baltimore Album and make adjustments to your Lone Star quilt. We would love to see pictures.

ckcowl: You have been busy. Your quilting and Ben’s work = WOW! The baby quilt and bibs will be loved.

cherrybsixty: You have made a lot of face masks. Thank you.
jmoore you are correct about me being the 'mask-maker,' over the last two years, if I had to put a number on it I think in the area around maybe 300 or so. I made around a hundred before I left Kansas my home state. That was for family members. Then I moved to Georgia in 2020 and I made more a 150 of them and mailed and took back to Kansas, to my home church and my hometown in Kansas. I've made a good number for my DD and her co-workers, until I've lost count. With that all said thank you for appreciating my service. I pray that one day we will look back and say we made it through

Have a bless sew day everyone

cherrybsixty
Old 02-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Well I’ve started February on a positive note. I managed to deliver the baby gifts to my sister in law- who will be driving downstate this next weekend to me her first grand baby and see her daughter. I loaded up a new quilt of Ben’s to get quilted- did some inventory- I found one of his I had misplaced so after the one that’s loaded there is 1 that is 72” square and 2 smaller ones 40x50 ish. Then I will have all of Ben’s done. ( well quilted at least. The one that’s loaded is a small one too so shouldn’t take too long. I see end in sight.
I also prewashed 2 large backings in preparation for use. I have 3 queen size quilts of my own to quilt which I will try to get done before I add any more to that stack. My Jinny Beyer Lotus, a Showering stars and a Big Bloom. And I have 3 wallhanging size tops and a tree skirt.
I won’t be back in the sewing room until next Monday- have to work Wednesday through Sunday this week 7:30 am - 7 pm
but i think I will take my flannel QAYG embroidery project to work and see if I can spend some break times making progress on it- it is getting close to all the blocks being done.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:50 PM

tree-medalion-2mp.jpg
Now the crosshatch behind the tree medalion is finished. All the SITD is finished.

I need some suggestions. What to do in the border strips? And how to fill in the large triangles and rectangles?

My machine does FMQ and straight stitch only. I'm thinking meander as the filler. What to do in the borders. Think I'll go pull some books for ideas.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:22 PM

Smile

February 1st….

in January I had 49 9-1/2 pieced blocks…some dated back to 2004.

used 36 in January to make 2 projects …. What to do the the last 13 — with out making more ….

Looking through “Love of Quilting “ Jan/Feb 2021. I found a quilt with 13 blocks set on point with setting blocks and triangles.

making progress. Will post photo soon. Already posted the January projects

i am so glad Happylab started the 2022 UFO list

judy in Phx, AZ

Last edited by judy363905; 02-01-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:24 PM

Petthefabric, what a beauty!. I am so impresses at the precision and the color choices. I have never tried the cross hatching in the background. I am just a "Scaredy Cat", I guess. Time to check out You-tube for help maybe?
Old 02-01-2022, 06:10 PM

WMUTeach: Congratulations on your finish. It will be loved by the recipient.

ckcowl: You are making great progress.

petthefabric: Very pretty.

judy: Awesome that you found a project for the last 13 blocks. I look forward to seeing pictures.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:21 AM

Wow - what a strong start to the year! So many UFOs being addressed with such creative uses of time and materials. Thanks for the inspiration, everyone! New month, new adventures ahead!
Old 02-02-2022, 08:11 PM

Ok so it's been a month and I've fallen. Really need to do better. Would offer an excuse but that's how I got to my overstuffed room to begin with! So I'll brush myself off and will renew my efforts. The plus side was I used both pieces of older fabric up as my self challenge so that's 6 yards. Better than nothing I guess.

Last edited by elly66; 02-02-2022 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by elly66 View Post
Ok so it's been a month and I've fallen. Really need to do better. Would offer an excuse but that's how I got to my overstuffed room to begin with! So I'll brush myself off and will renew my efforts. The plus side was I used both pieces of older fabric up as my self challenge so that's 6 yards. Better than nothing I guess.
Good morning, elly66, I feel you this morning, I am sitting here in front of my FW and not feeling that motivated but I am going to push forward on one of my UFO projects today. I am thinking the orange butterfly as the project to work on

Wishing you all the strength and 'go power' of today, elly66

Happy sewing everyone

cherrybsixty

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 02-03-2022 at 05:52 AM. Reason: proper spelling
Old 02-03-2022, 04:31 PM

elly66, hey, girl, 6 yards is 6 yards. Look at is as 24 fat quarters or slightly more than 2 jelly rolls or 2,268 2.5inch squares. Six yards is a pretty respectable amount for one month. New month, new goal. Whoopee!