Hi there😊

Old 02-06-2022, 08:48 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! Don' t be afraid to write down any question or start a new topic on anything related to quilting. There is always a listening ear.
Were you asking about a fabric cutting method, I wasn't sure?? I am unaware of the two systems you were mentioning. time for me to learn something new.
I use the Accuquilt system for cutting fabric for my quilts. It is on the costly side and you can quickly have a very large investment in cutting dies.
Please write back I will be watching to learn something new from you. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:27 AM

Welcome!

I do all my cutting with a rotary cutter and the special rulers that you use with the rotary cutter. To start I would recommend the normal long one (that cuts the width of the fabric) - I think it's 6 x24 inches. And maybe one smaller one like a 6 inch square.

As your first project I would look for something with squares and rectangles. There are lots of lovely patterns that work with simply squares and rectangles. Starting with this will help you get used to the 1/4 seam allowance and matching seams. Here's a basic 4-patch! EASIEST QUILT PATTERN FOR A BEGINNER | 4 Patch Quilt Block Tutorial - YouTube This video even shows how to spin the seam allowance on the center of the 4-patch. Awesome!

Have fun!

Last edited by kristijoy; 02-06-2022 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:34 PM

First of all Welcome to the Quilting Board Forum. I just returned after a long absence and am glad to be back.
I have to agree with another member about watching some tutorials by Jennie Doane at Missouri Star Quilt Company. She walks you through the cutting and sewing process.
There are also great tutorials and some free patterns at Fat Quarter Shop.
You may also want to check out the you tube videos by Pat Sloan. She has written many books, designs fabric lines for Benartex and has many sew alongs. I continue to watch her videos but I am not starting new projects right now. I am trying to finish the many unfinished projects I have. I hope you will give quilting a try.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:22 PM

a warm welcome from Ky. lots of info here and a nice safe place thanks to our moderators
Old 02-08-2022, 06:54 AM

Welcome from NE Ohio.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board!
There are so many people here who can help you, also Youtube is a great place to learn all things quilting.
I don't know your machine so I can't help you with that.