Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have an INSPIRA frame? >

Does anyone have an INSPIRA frame?

Does anyone have an INSPIRA frame?

Old 02-26-2022, 08:29 PM

Default Does anyone have an INSPIRA frame?

They are aluminum yet similar to the first Grace wooden Frame. I use a short domestic arm machine in it with a stitch regulator, what do you use? I’d love to see a picture of your set up please.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:46 AM

I no longer have mine. I had an original aluminum Inspira frame with a mega Quilter on it. I did learn I like to quilt on a frame with a stitch regulated machine with it. But it had many issues. The aluminum frame was a bit flimsy and after a while the middle sagged so the quilt sandwich was closer to the needle in the middle then on the edge. It did not have a leveler bar, so I had to adjust the height every time I advanced the machine, it only was a 10-foot frame so not big enough for a queen or king quilt, and I only had about 4 inches of quilting space by the time I got near the end of a bed sized quilt. yep, bought myself a demo APQS Lucey with a 26 inch neck on a 12 foot frame with bliss. Oh my, love it
Old 02-27-2022, 06:11 PM

Default inspira frame

I have had the inspira frame for 10_+ yrs and have used to quilt all my quilts.
I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter on it and love the machine.
My machine is in the basement on a cement floor so maybe that is why i haven't had any trouble with sagging
My son and son-in-law set it up and leveled it and installed a stitch regulator but i ended up taking off it seems to run smoother with out.
I have it extended out as far as it will go so i am able to quilt a king size quilt.
I load the quilt and pin it to the leaders and then rewind till i get the quilt even.. and tight a little extra care loading makes the quilt easier to quilt and gives a quality job. You are restricted to limited space when you get to the end of quilt, so you need to free hand quilt it or select a pattern that isn't very wide but you can work around that also.
I cannot send you a picture as its out to the farm and i moved to town for the winter.
I know that there is better frames out there but this one i bought on a limited budget and from a dealer that i liked.
I wanted to quilt my own projects from start to finish and i only do it for family and they are happy with the finished projects and always want more so they keep me busy.
Hope you have good luck with the frame.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:40 PM

I don't regret having bought the megaquilter with the Inspira frame. There were changes made to that set-up and later versions I believe were better. Yes, it was economical when I first got it. Mine was also set up in the basement on a cement floor. I did probably 20 or so quilts on it. The biggest one, I took the rollers off the machine with the quilt on it and reloaded it with the roller position switched so I was "unrolling" the quilt as I went so, I had more space to quilt. My sister helped me carry the rollers with the quilt on them out of the room so we could turn them around and then we went back into the room and re-attached the rollers. I do have to say however, that my Lucey is a joy especially as many of the issues I had with the Inspira frame don't exist. I find a 26-inch neck is more than adequate and quite honestly, I often don't advance the quilt the full distance as I am a short person. The rollers are steel and pretty sturdy, so everything stays level. The Lucy was my retirement gift to myself. I did not go on a cruise!